Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow fisherman in trouble and needs help: attached in this message is the story and the link if anyof you want to help a good friend of mine who is up to his @ss in aligators.... Thanks in advance.. http://www.reddrumtackle.com/ go to message board to read history...... JAM

Bob Eakes Writes:

"Our friend Don Carr has found himself in a spot of difficulty. Having been a arrested by the Immigration and Naturalization Service in Dare Country Court in a Pre-Trial Custody Hearing Tuesday, August 19, 2003 and remanded to Charlotte, NC then onward to Atlanta, GA, Don finds himself in quite a situation indeed.

Don is dire need of financial and legal assistance. All of us know Don Carr as a friend, neighbor, fellow surf fisherman and a wonderful parent to his children particularly his two boys that were born here in the United States.

All donations are graciously accepted and should be sent via US Mail to:

Pat Weston
P.O. Box 976
Avon, NC 27915
[email protected]

Our friends Pat and “Big” Jim Weston have offered to handle the donation fund for Don.

Pat has also offered to Moderate this thread in our forum about this situation Don finds himself in. You’ll find it “stuck” to the top of the message board for the next few days while time virtually runs out for Don.

As it stands right now, Don will be held in detention for 60 days, then deported back to the United Kingdom without his ever seeing or talking to his children.

We don't want this to happen.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Bob Eakes
Red Drum Tackle
Buxton, NC 27920"

08/21/03

First off I would like to thank Bob Eakes, Big Jim and Pat Weston for stepping up to the plate to help out one of our Dear Friends, hell family member, Don Carr. I met don when he first arrived in Buxton on March 4 18 months ago, we clicked immediately as we had allot in common, number one being family values. The other beign military service, Don was in 2 PARA.

Don was the primary care giver to all his and Deborah’s children. The dotting father always putting his kids needs before anything else, he loves those boys, more than anything else in the world. For them to be stolen away to another state is insane, Don has been a resident of NC for 4 of the past 5 years and his 2 youngest were born in NC, the whole situation is beyond reason. Don has been ion the US for the last 15 years, living by the laws and paying taxes.

I have witnessed Don help numerous people on the beach and it would be safe to say that he and his boys have touched thousands and thousands of lives of the visitors of the POINT.. Always there to offer advice on fishing , driving in the sand, taking people’s biters off the hook for them, and generally being the Good Will Ambassador of the POINT.

Well folks one of our own is in need lets take care of OUR family member and right the wrong and injustice that being propagated by the Legal System.

JAM

AKA

John A. Mortensen
C2 Systems Integrator GS-12
C2 Systems Flight, U.S.A.F
83'd CS SCZR
37 Elm Street Langley AFB 23665
[email protected]
[email protected]

·
Registered
885 Posts
Ok JAM, I need to know more before I put in my money. I understand that your friend has been in this country for at least 5 years [I assume under visa].
What are the charges that have placed him in trouble with the INS? What brought him into the country in the first place? Why hasn't he applied for citizenship or an extention of his visa? Has he committed some kind of criminal act? Is he now married to a U.S. Citizen [that was unclear]?

Gim'me some clear answers and I may put in my two cents.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Process of a custody battle and divorce 15 years should have read no criminal act just a vindictive bitter custody and divorce battle. Paper work is in the system lawyer says it will be no problem but lawyers cost money.

·
Registered
885 Posts
JAM, Your friend is probably a heck of a nice guy and your plea is possibly valid; however, your answers to my questions were insufficient. I REPEAT:
1.What are the charges that have placed him in trouble with the INS?
2. What brought him into the country in the first place?
3. Why hasn't he applied for citizenship or an extention of his visa?
4. Is he now married to a U.S. Citizen?
5. Has he committed some kind of criminal act?
AND NOW 6. Why is there a "vindictive custody battle"?

If these questions aren't answered clearly, I certainly won't donate and I doubt that many others will.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Advisor I have posted this on numerous boards with the link to Red Drum Tackle the answers to you questions are there. If you want to help fine if not fine as well. If someone is drowning you jump in and save them... follow the link I provided and you questions will be answered..... JAM

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have to agree with Advisor. I saw nothing on the other board to give me a warm fuzzy. My wife spent 27 years working n Child Protective Services and although there can be abuses of the system, there can also be good reasons for actions. 15 years without becoming an American citizen? INS has cause to deport immediately?! Something just doesn't "feel right" about this. Perhaps more details will become known, but in all cases, there are two sides and the whole truth usually lies somewhere in the middle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts