Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With this hurricane weather this weekend and upcoming potentially devastating Isabel next weekend, you might as well forget about your favorite holes. They will be long gone! Tide was 5 to 10 ft above normal at Pax Nas and has totally reworked the shoreline. Only good thing about it is it might make some nice new holes!

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Aahh, but the beauty of the beach and surf is that both are ever changing, thus making each year a new experience.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah but if it nails us there probably won't be no beach! And it will be a while before they open up the orv again. Could put you behind almost a month. Lets hope it never happens.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
For all intents and purposes, beach has been closed two weeks, with not much hope for an open anytime soon, but I am getting lots of practice tying shock leader and terminal tackle.

By the way, how was PLO?

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
If the 'cane stays @ Class 5 and hits AI there will be no AI left. Remember AI is a barrier island with only the dunes to protect it. With a 15' storm surge they'll be gone. To put thing in perspective, the 1933 storm that hit OC and created the inlet was only a Class 1. Think about that. :( Let's just pray that it misses us.

Catman.:(

·
Registered
84 Posts
I couldn't care less about the holes at 3Rs if the hurricane hits...I am worried sick about the storm running holes in my house which is about 300 yards off 3Rs beach.
Have plywood, will travel.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Good luck SharkHunter. I know exactly where your house is located. This could be worse than enyone could imagine.

Catman.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Shark, my best goes out to you and yours. GBAK

Cat, how many of these things has AI received in its years? For better and for worse, it is the structures made by man that suffer the most damage, but man made structures can be rebuilt, SHark, not that it's always easy, but first and foremost, protect yourself and your family. AI is a barrier island which protects the main, and in a way it comes and goes, but with a purpose. All who know, I LOVE AI, but without the "Bigguy" upstairs, not even AI would be there.

Let's hope for a sharp right hand turn, and all is good. Also, one scenerio has it heading up the mouth of the bay, which ain't good fo me.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Just heard on TV, now good possibility hitting lower Delmarva, Good luck AI, guess you may be closed for awhile, but take care of yourself and the "natives".

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes of course and I hope everyone stays safe.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts