Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was there yesterday, it was disappointing. There were less vendors than last year. The vendors were same as last year's and their selections were fewer. Oh we'll, thank goodness for BSPro.

·
Registered
797 Posts
ditto

·
Registered
374 Posts
Thought it was pretty good and a lot of great deals if you took the time to browse the vendors. Gotta a handful of Gibb's plugs at half price and found a bunch of lures not available at the big stores. Also picked up a St. Croix Avid that's not on the shelves yet. Speaking of St. Croix, the reps were there and had a lot of their new surf series rods on display (Ben Doerr has been discontinued) along with the new Legend Elite fly rods. There were a lot more surf rods for sale this year. Breakaways and Lamiglas, XRA's for almost half price!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: Also the big Daiwa Emblem Surf Spinners at great prices (5500 XT for $75). Spent all my money at Timonium and can't afford to make the CP show this weekend. :( :) :( :) :D

·
Registered
187 Posts
I went to Timonium Fishing Expo on Friday and it wasn't as much salt water stuff as in the past but good deals to be had. Quantum reps were selling the Blue Runner surf reels that normally go for $114.99 for $85. Shimano and Okuma were there but Diawa was not. Hoss from Delaware was there. One retailer was selling a dozen 6-packs of snelled hooks (mono or wire leader) for $5 per box. Like Joey said, there were good deals if you took the time to browse the vendors. Looking forward to Pasadena.

·
Registered
374 Posts
CP for College Park. It's a fly fishing show that was held this past weekend too.

If you're looking for the next show, check out The Greater Philadelphia Sportsmen Show at the Ft. Washington Expo Center/Ft. Washington PA.
click here for more info

·
Registered
797 Posts
gentlemen, therein lies the rub. i would like the show in timonium to have been more like the show in CP. i wasn't expecting to go to a flea market.

ralph

1 - 9 of 9 Posts