Pier and Surf Forum banner

Tire Deflator

20K views 38 replies 29 participants last post by  MSRIEF 
#1 ·
How do you guys deflate your tires? I heard people use defaltors... any suggestions?

#31 ·
It should inflate the tires to what ever the psi the compressor is regulated to. The biggest issue would be time to inflate. Really depends on the cfm of the compressor. I know people who off road that use similar setups running onboard compressors with no tanks. I figure it should speed up airing down and take about the same time to air up as it would doing each tire individually. Just eliminate all the time squatting at each tire. I’m going to test it out tomorrow.

#37 ·
I use my car key. it is handy.

Mostly ride around on 20 pound PSI (I think its around 20 PSI but I never use a gauge, I use the eye method and then push on the sidewall with my fingers to test for that squishy feeling.

When I get in the sand I put Quadratrac transmission in low and back in high when I leave the sand.

When I first went on the sand, there were no instructions on the internet (what was the internet?) and sand got in the air gauges which made them unreliable for me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.