Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone try this spot yet? If so, please give report!... i went w/a buddy there last year during late summer.. we caught 20 blues that day... when darkness falls, the best action starts.. it was just keep hitting... for half an hour and gone...and starts again at incoming tides..

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Public Access

Are there any public access spots on the island? If so where are they located? It's been a while since I have been out there. Tight Lines To All! murphman:)

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if you drive to the end of route 33 it's about 1 mile long of fishing.. you can park your car on the asphalt next to you poles... very nice and quiet place... i guess that's why it's far away...

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
From Bay Bridge, take 50 east about a half hour, and just past the little ol' Easton airport, bear right on route 322. Maybe about 3 miles, see signs for ST Michaels and I believe Tilghman Island. Turn right (guess that is 33). Maybe fifteen to twent minutes you'll pass through Tilghman (of course, since it is an island you'll have to go over the old drawbridge), and since it's the only main road, eventually end up at the old (or what I believe was) coast guard station. Lot's of parking, winds and waves can be pretty rough at times,but I know last year did pretty good with cut spot chunks. Have found in the past though, early mornings and evenings were more productive.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Wouldn't say a "beach", concrete wall, and some sand, but most fishing done frome parking area, unless it's changed since last time (last year).

·
Registered
23 Posts
time

I was there about a couple of weeks ago and it was very windy and we did not catch anything but a couple of eels. It is a nice fishing area but there is a sign saying that you can stay till 11pm only. I also heard about robbery incidents so plan to go there with friends.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Difficult to understand that there are crimes out there. Islanders have phone number of bridge tender. When somebody does something stupid on the Island, bridge tender gets a call, bridge goes up, end of crime.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts