Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a dark, almost royal blue Madeira and a lemon yellow as my base layers. What do you guys think would look good as the top color? I wish there was a way a could kind of play with this and find out. Im thinking of going with an aqua green type color. Not sure though. What do you guys think would blend well with the yellow and blue?

·
3,775 Posts
What size thread?

WHat size thread is your overwrap? Try the black if its A but use three threads. BLack and two throw away colors. You'll get a good idea of what it will look like before you put on finish, if you dont like it, pull it off. If you've a red mettalic, it may do good too.

Heres a blue and yellow with black on top.

·
3,775 Posts
Some of my thread did move but it was a long wrap and I was trying something new. I was building it to vertical jig fish and I needed it doen so I didnt spand to much time fixing it later, but you get the picture.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ive got both, I think. Actually I think the metallix blue is size D. Will probably do it tonight or tomorrow night. I put a second coat of TM Lite on it lastnight and applied it pretty liberal, as it's going to be too cold for me to do any finish work the next several days. Never really noticed how much that stuff magnifies the thread.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.