Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Palomar for the Braid

Fish Every Where... What Drumdum says. I use PP exclusively & use the PALOMAR KNOT tying to the terminal tackle(swivels,etc). Have never had a slip since! It's fast & easy. Go for it. Best of luck, Stevie;)

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
terminal knots to braid are the weak point, in both variety of knots as well as being terrible under "shock". A uni, or a a tie a regular cinch knot, however before cinching down, come out with your tag as usual, and tie a overhand knot to your tag section, that will eliminate it as well. most knots will slip with braid, as dd stated a palomar works as well.

a short leader of mono or flouro tied correctly to a terminal knot is much stronger than braid directly to a terminal knot

·
Premium Member
10,102 Posts
Palomar and uni knot. I've had the palomar slip a couple of times--always with extreme pullage and fairly small PP, but the uni, with at least 8 or 9 wraps, shouldn't slip.
Wondering HOW a polamar CAN SLIP??:confused:

You double the line,tie overhand and slid the tag end (which is the doubled end) over the running line,then cinch it against it... You don't even have a tag end to cut or to slip.. Can see it breaking,but can't really see it slipping???

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Surgeons Loop and Snells never fail

I always tie a surgeons loop on my hooks with heavy line and let them dangle in the loop or I snell them with 20 lb or under line.

They never fail.

·
Registered
348 Posts
This will NOT slip and it's strong.

Double the PP back on itself 12 to 18 inches or so. Pass the doubled PP through the eye of the hook or swivel twice. Then tie a six turn uni knot with the doubled line. Use more turns in the Uni for light PP.

This knot is a lot prettier than the Palomar, too! :D

·
Registered
181 Posts
i cant seem 2 get my knots with the powerpro 2 stay knoted on my hooks the line always slide though the loop on the hook what can i do 2 keep that from happening
Braid knots tend to slip when wet,after you tie your knots apply a drop of super glue to the knot itself.Let the glue soak in to knot that should work its a tip from a book I got on tying knots

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.