Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, new to this form, I live up in the Virginia Peidmont. Any time I can get two or three days off in a row,(not so easy for the selfe employed) I run down to either the Va Eastren Shore, or down to Hatteras. Iam heading down to Va. Beach for Thanksgiving, My sister lives on Oak Street about 1/2 mile From the Lysner (sp?) Bridge. I dont really care about the turkey thing I just want to fish.
Any of you guys who know the area have a suggestion, Should I throw my old grummin canoe on top? another option is I have a little 13' Whaler that I have not run since august,I could pull down. Short trip, maybe just the beach where the Duck Inn used to be and not mess with all the gear.
Thanks for the feed back, Oh yeah I dont always know where you Guys are talking about with your abrivations.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Welcome to the board. I suggest checking the horizon between Chick's and Ocean View in the afternoon with binoculars to look for working birds. Follow them and throw topwaters at them if they get within casting range.

At night you can fish the pilings of any nearby bridges or soak bait for stripers. Mornings around Lynnhaven might give up some specks.

·
Registered
100 Posts
drag the boat

Winds gonna lay down, you can do wonders in a Whaler.agree with previous post fish the bridge,and birds,or any structure.good luck,i,m going Friday, caught our limit in 2 hr,s today,2 release citations,streches!

·
Registered
573 Posts
You know if don't take the boat there will be about 5,000 gannetts divebombing the bay, and of course just a wee bit out of casting range. Bring the boat.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
You know if don't take the boat there will be about 5,000 gannetts divebombing the bay, and of course just a wee bit out of casting range. Bring the boat.
Good point. I don't know how many times I've stood in the surf for hours, cursing under my breath as the fish stayed just a little too far out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You Guys are right,

If I leave the boat at home there will be a million birds diving, I have to work all day today. So when I get home tonight I will pack up the boat ect.(in the dark) leave eary in the AM, should get there around 9:00 am. Thank for the feed back!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts