Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got a tica thats rated for 4-10 ounce that there not too attached to or a sealine x30shv? thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
cdog... not to thwart any potential buyers... but what did you think of that rod? got a penn 7300 i need to get a rod for and was thinking of one of those.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
jeffintime, I love it, its just that I'm a tackle Ho an need to clear some room for a 12' tica an a 12' OM an maybe a 12' om lite.:D

Th 10 oz rating is a joke. I can see lobbing 10oz by itself(which I have done) but 8 an bait is th most I would do with it.It will throw 8&bait great.6 an bait is a dream. For a good inexpensive "heaver" I highly recomend it for up to 8&bait. For anything higher I would go with th OM's. JMHO. ;)

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Cdog,

Ya can get the 12 ft TICA and cut down to the next guide,and cast vs lobb 8oz.Haven't tried 10 oz's.

But why go through all that if you just get a OM......

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
NS4D, my thoughts exactly.By th time ya buy th tica, pay to cut it down you coulda bought th OM with change left over.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Hat, got th 12' OM an OM light on my Xmas list. If I don't get it from Santa well I guess I'll have it in time for th first week of Jan Hat Trip. :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
Can any of you guys show me a link to look at this OM?? I take it that that stands for ocean master? I have a 11.5 pinacle absolute I bought at frank and frans on obx and its stiff as a broom stick... kinda wanted the spinning outfit a little more flexible.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts