Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So any of you know of a place on the Southside that sells Tica rods. I can see lots of pictures if them on the web, but I would love to actually put one in my hands before I buy one.
Any info would be great!

:D

·
Registered
191 Posts
zup chili
theres a couple of places ive found
oceans east 2
drum tackle is on 17th st behind 17 th street surf shop
nice rods
good luck

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info...will have to check it out. I've gone to Oceans East 2 on Rt 13, and I have seen some Tsunami's, but no Tica's...will have to visit the OceanFront then...thanks again!
- chiliboy

·
Registered
3,387 Posts
Bishop's on Rt 17 In York Co has them and when I was last in there they were on sale. The 11'6" cov was $89.00.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Chiliboy....Stop by and read the Maryland/Delaware boards. There are a number of us using TICA rods. Also check the Open Forum, there's an active thread about TICA rods. If you lived up this way you'd be able to test drive about a 1/2 dz. different sizes next Saturday the the Tank in Cambridge, MD.

Catman.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Catman,
Trust me, I have been reading the whole UEHA vs. UELA debate for a week or so..it is a great learning experience. I want to see if I can tell the difference between the UELA 9 ft and the UEHA 9ft (I have a Jarvis Walker 4500 Black Gold Integra waiting for a home) before I splurge the extra $20.
Actually there is a e-tailer linked to this site that has the best prices, and I plan on going with him, but not until I have felt both rods in my hand.
Thanks again to everyone on the site, you guys rock! Between you and my father-in law I am really learning a lot.
-Chiliboy

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Good luck Chiliboy. I'll be following your posts. You VA boys ROCK also. Met some real good guys at Rudee Inlet in March. Some serious fisherman there.

Catman.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
im i seeing things right or does that time say 3 am on your reply :cool:

·
Registered
191 Posts
zup chili wnet and picked up 11ft conv tica rod for 70 bucks
at the tackle shop on 17 th st at beach
good luck they have variety of size rods

1 - 12 of 12 Posts