Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Flea,
Anglers on Rt. 50 has a mess load of Tica rods in all sizes. Price is right too, you can also talk them down since the season is coming to an end and they are trying to push out this years stock.

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
TICA Rods

No such thing as a dumb question.

Who makes these rods and reels? Can't find a web site.

How good are they? Do they have Fuji guides?

Has anyone ordered from DIGITALDAGGER.com?

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
TICA Dealers in MD

Thanks Joey.

Sand Flea here are the following dealers in MD from TICA web site.

Maryland
Annapolis Anglers Sports Center
Address: 1456 Whitehall Rd.Annapolis. 21401
Tel: 410-757-3442

Baltimore Clydes Sport Shop
Address: 2307 Hammonds Ferry RoadBaltimore . 21227
Tel: 410-242-6108

Glen Burnie Barts Sports World
Address: 6814 Ritchie Hwy.Glen Burnie. 21061
Tel: 410-761-8686

Joppa Elwoods Backwoods Sports
Address: 514 Pulaski HwyJoppa . 21085
Tel: 410-679-7871

Kennedyville Vonnes Sporting Goods
Address: 12503 Augustine Herman Hwy.Kennedyville. 21645
Tel: 410-778-5655

·
Registered
374 Posts
some of those dealers stock the reels and don't carry the rods. and Bart's no longer sells fishing stuff.

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Called Tochterman's on Eastern Ave. The guy there said they had a 12-foot spinner, but when I got there it was a conventional. :mad:

But I talked with the guy for awhile and he told me he'd be getting a shipment this Thursday or Friday, so I'll check back. Actually, the guy was friendly and knowledgeable, so I'll forgive him his mistake. I've driven past the place a million times and never knew it's actually quite a nice shop inside, and the prices were very good.

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tony had several rods ordered in for me to look at. I bought the 11-footer and a Baitrunner on Friday. Great shop, good prices, good service. I'll be going there again.

Now if I could find a place that sold the Breakaway Cannon, because my finger's getting destroyed throwing with 30-pound powerpro...

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Sand Flea

How is the performance of the new equipments? how much is the baitrunner? i'm fishing w/ a 9footer ugly stick mh action and penn 6500ss.. w/ 4oz sinker i can get decent distance.. but still need improvement... any idea?

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
CrawFish, I love the new setup. Very powerful, well-balanced. It's a great rod for soaking big baits or throwing heavy metal.

Orest: Thanks for the link. I know you can get these things online. I was just hoping to find a retail place that had them in stock so I wouldn't have to wait several weeks for it to arrive. I need it for a trip next weekend, and not even Green Top in Richmond has them.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Breakaway Cannon

flea,
Try your local Wal-Mart. The one located on 97 heading toward Annapolis carries them.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Hey Flea,
If your finger is getting "destroyed" as you say just simply cut a 2 inch piece of bicycle tire tube and place that on your finger before you cast. Works for me..and I throw only power pro.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Dang Reddog1. That's a great freaking idea. I will have to do that the next time I'm out fishing.
-Anthony

·
Registered
551 Posts
Breakaway Cannon

Hi "sand flea",

I have the Breakaway Cannon in stock if you are not able to get it locally.

I am in the process of updating my web site. Working on pictures of new items. You can contact me by phone or email.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts