Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 piece, cork grips, Model UEHA427402S

I know everyone in the world has this rod, how do you guys/gals like it? What do you dislike about it?

Just might pick one up to use as a primary jetty rod for casting lures for stripers at IRI jetty and the surf. Lots of them on EBay lately.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just got the 8' and put a Daiwa 1600 and love the setup. Casts like a dream and nicely balanced too. Can't beat the price either.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have the 9ft one sandcrab. I have a diawa laguna 4500 on it spooled with 230 of 14 pound test. This rod throws 2 oz sting silvers out of sight. It will also throw a 5 inch storm shad a long way too. I have some creek crub striper strikes i have to try next. I love this rod it is light weight and i got mine for like 53$ of ebay from harlee rod.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Sandcrab...UPS just delivered a TICA 10 1/2 footer yesterday from Harlee Rod. My first impression was how light it is. I have 6 1/2'ers that weight much more. I really like the long, narrow, cork butt. It feels natural. The look of the rod is really nice with the black satin finish, sort of gives it an eligant look. I'm not sure which reel I'm going to use with it, I'll have to try a couple for balance. It'll have its baptism next Saturday at the Tank. I have to thank FL FISHERMAN for putting me onto TICA rods, thanks man.

Catman.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
zI got to check out Huskys 9' Tica at the Tank. Although he has the heavier version, I like the look and feel. Will end up getting one on EBay...still undecided about the reel though. I don't want a heavy reel for this rod and I might end up spooling it with braided line. (Did I say that?) ;)

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Sandcrab...If you're thinking about braided line I recommend Power Pro Super Braid 30 lb. test high vis yellow. I has the same dia. as 8 lb. mono and casts as smooth as silk. I'm gradually respooling everything with it. It's a little pricey at $20.49 for 300 yds. but I think it's well worth it.

Catman.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
I shouldn't have read this post because it just forced me into ordering another Shamano Baitrunner 6500S and 300 yds of Power Pro Super Braid 30 lb. from Shark River. Shark River has them for $99.99, best price I've found. This will be my 4th Shamano Baitrunner, I love them. I'm going to use it on my new TICA 10 1/2'er.

Catman.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I have 2 tica rods. One 9' and one 10.5'. I love the 9'. It'll sling 2 oz to the moon. Stiff and sensative at the same time. Good distance from the butt cap to the reel seat. Cheap to. I have a Fin Nor S500 (16 oz) on the 9'. Great combo for well under $100 on ebay.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
YOU rock OLD BAY! I have a 9' TICA with a Fin Nor Lite S600 on it! I love the rod and the reel.
Just like you said, under $100 for the combo. Casts like a beauty.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Husky- where did you get your Tica set up,I'm looking for a set up like that,need another 9'something with back bone.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Husky,

Have you ever tried braided line on the Fin Nor? I was thinking of giving it a shot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts