Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got another TICA off of ebay.
Now for a reel.

I love the TICA. I can throw my 9' tica as far as my 11' daiwa.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Just watch what your clicking on... ;) Did you sell the Jigmaster yet?

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no, I am not necessarily trying to sell it. But if someone offers me $50 plus another 5 for shipping, I would sell it.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Nice Husky,

You have two Ticas... how much you get the 10'6 for? I was looking at it but I have a 11' so I passed on it.

Okuma got nice cheap reels...

-John

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, it cost a lot more than the 9'. It was $49 plus s/h. But that same rod is just over $100 on digitaldagger.com
Which okuma reels are cheap? How much is cheap?

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't know, but I got the 10'6" yesterday. When I got home from fishing I had a note that it was at the neighbors. Did I care that it was 10:30 at night...nah. Their lights were still on.

GREAT LOOKING ROD for the $$.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Husky,

To my dismay, I ended up winning a Okuam Solaris 12' spinning rod on ebay. I don't know how I'm going to break this to my wife... :confused:

Ebay can get pretty addicting and my eyes are bigger than my wallet... :mad: :)

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tell me about it. You must have wanted it or you wouldn't have bid on it.
In my case, I decided to work like 5hours OT today (luckily I get paid OT) to pay off my recent ebay purchases. Then my wife really can't complain.
Did you get a reel for the 12' spinning rod? I'm sure it's gonna be a nice rod. Does your wife have a rod? You could always save it and give it to her for xmas or her birthday. Even if she never uses it, she'll be touched that you wanted to include her in your hobby. :p

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Haa haa.. maybe I'll try that. I think I'll be okay but I was saving up to get the Fish-N-Mate Senior cart but that would have to wait couple more weeks.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Oh yeah,

I got this rod from Rich who runs digitaldagger.com. Husky, if you need a reel and don't want to pay shipping, I can talk to him about sending both for what i'm going to pay for shipping. Let me know if you want to order something.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks, but I already was the winning bidder on ebay for a Fin Nor 406 reel. Should be a good reel for the $. I love my other fin nor.
If you don't want the rod, you can easily recoup your $ by selling it at one of the piers.

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Jangwuah,
That okuma sells for $70 on digitaldagger.com, so I hope you didn't pay too much!

·
Registered
4,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hat80 picked up a 12' spinning Ugly Stick for $69 yesterday. He looked around and that was the best price.

So you should be able to sell that Okuma for what you paid for it if you try to.

·
Registered
7,081 Posts
dHey guys, I've got a 15' Power Stick model PS15S that has been used a total of 2 hours. The rating is 17-40 lb. line and 1-6 oz. lures. It's too much rod for me. I paid $100.00 for it last July at BPS and will let it go for $40.00. There's not a blemish on it. I'm probably going to be fishing The Tank next Saturday evening and can bring it with me if anyone interested.

Catman.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I picked up 2 TICA's at Green Top outside of Richmond on my way home a couple weeks ago.I got the 10'6 spinning and the 12'casting models and man they are sweeeeeet!For the money I have not found or heard of a better rod manufacturer.They can hold their own even against my Breakaway Rods!Checkout their website @greentop.com :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts