Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning. On behalf of the OBPA, would you please circulate the message below to the community? The struggle for beach access has been tiring and frustrating, but we must continue to fight. Thanks!

Hatteras needs to continue fighting for open beach access. The community is asked to show up in BIG numbers at

the final negotiated rulemaking on Thursday 8:30 a.m. at the Wright Brothers Memorial in Kill Devil Hills. Hatteras has to stand united at this final meeting. They need to see our faces and our pain. We need a crowd so large that they won’t know where to put us. Take a neighbor! Take a friend! Form a carpool, get there anyway you can. Thursday February 26th at the Wright Brothers Memorial in Kill Devil Hills. Be there by 8:30 a.m.

Anne C. Bowers

Indian Town Gallery

P O Box 1297

Buxton, NC 27920

(252) 995-5181

·
Registered
318 Posts
I'm on the other end of the state so i can't make it of course, but i hope for the best. I am an NC resident, is there anything I can do to help? Is there any online petition or a pre-written letter I could sign & send to someone that would make any difference? I'm out of work & broke so unfortunately i can't donate anything, but if there's any way i can make a difference by voicing my opinion i will.

I love coming down to fish each year & was hoping to make a trip to haterras this may, but with all i've been reading i'm really not sure if it's a good idea or not.

I wish you luck,
gus

·
Premium Member
10,102 Posts
I'm wondering how the meeting went? Anyone know when any sort of decision will be made?
If I'm not mistaken,and "For Access" could come in and correct..

No agreement could be arrived at.. All parties must agree in order for rules to take hold,and none could...:--|

NPS will make up regs after 2011,until then the consent degree rules..:mad:

Sad part of all this is that whatever is set will be the same in Cape Lookout as well..... Also will be the "model" for the rest of national seashore parks in the future as far as access........

The only things that could change this would be court action or congressional action....

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Kenny there was a Va. Pilot article in yesterdays paper that mentioned judge Boyles had called a special interest meeting in the Elizabeth City office for all parties concerned this coming Thursday, any word on what that might be about.

·
Premium Member
10,102 Posts
Kenny there was a Va. Pilot article in yesterdays paper that mentioned judge Boyles had called a special interest meeting in the Elizabeth City office for all parties concerned this coming Thursday, any word on what that might be about.
Doesn't matter,all that can come of that would be bad,judging by the way he listened to ALL parties involved the last time....:rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.