Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked these 2 up this week. The 7500 will be fished cause I got 6 NIB already. The 7000 Mag will go in the case because Abu REALLY missed the boat on this reel. :mad::mad: I knew it before I bought it but was needed for the case.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just don't like the feel. It casts ok and I'm sure it will catch fish but it has a loose junky feel. The fit and finish is just not what I'm used to with Abu. The mag system does not start working until you twist up to 6. Like I said the reel will fish ok but the lack of quality will kill it. I don't think they will be around after 10 years of fishing like the Swedish reels are.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You got it... I knew that when I bought it but geez I did not think it would be this bad.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks like you're a big Ambassadeur fan.....me too. Among my collection is a two speed 9000 which is in near pristine condition. I will post a pic if the "manage attachments" thing ever gets turned on.:D

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like you're a big Ambassadeur fan.....me too. Among my collection is a two speed 9000 which is in near pristine condition. I will post a pic if the "manage attachments" thing ever gets turned on.:D
I have my eye on a 9000 2 speed also. Picked up a 5500 2 speed mint a couple weeks ago. Also trying to work a deal on an a NIB JP 10000 CT Chrome Rocket but the seller wants $650 for it.

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thats it.......it is a good looking reel

·
Registered
5,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Is that what it's called?,,,:confused: I'll get the whole crew together one day..The gray tub under them has reels in it also..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts