Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May try to head to Oak Island this weekend. Are water temps to cold or will I have any luck? Would like to target pups and flounder from the surf and rivers.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
perfect. Im thinking going to the inlets and just carolina rigs with shrimp and mullet for pups and black drum feeding in the reeds. Maybe some shrimposters for flounder. Then I can throw your standard hi lo in the surf if I can find a rip or slough

·
Registered
7 Posts
We were there Sunday. A little south of the 2nd pier. Not a great day. We caught a couple blues, but there was some big drum slamming a school of mullet just out of my reach. We could see the action and a paddle boarder right in the middle of it confirmed they were big reds. Have u had any luck with flounder in the surf?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't get much luck with flounder from the suf. I find them in shallow inlets with lots of structure and reeds to hold bait fish.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I caught several small flounder at the inlet there this weekend. Bait was hard to find at times. Usually was able to catch finger mullet around high tide.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts