Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all. Me and some are buddies coming down to mb this weekend for our annual pier fishing trip. Since we're up in Charlotte the weather folks don't really give details. What are y'all hearing the weather should be like? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
419 Posts
We're scheduled to arrive Thursday night through Sunday, so I've been watching it really closely as well. The 11:00PM update has it upgrading to a hurricane, possibly CAT2. While it will most likely make landfall above NC if it makes landfall at all, the effects of wind and rain will be all along the coast. If it tracks a bit father East, the MB area may only be lightly affected, but it will probably still be quite wet. Best guess right now is winds topping out at 20-25 MPH and waves up to 5 feet at MB on Saturday afternoon.

Now, if it stalls a bit longer near the Bahamas, it could arrive in the area later, or the track could change quite a bit as the steering forces change. There's a lot of factors in play that could change the forecast significantly, so it's really still a fluid situation. I'm not cancelling any plans yet.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Been watching the weather....talking about upwards of two feet of rain on the SC. coast. I would cancel if I was you....prayers for all.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We cancelled. I'm coming next weekend with my daughter. I hope u guys are safe down there and this storm is not as severe as they are saying.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just got down here to N Myrtle and the bait is THICK in the surf. I've seen quite a few large fish crashing schools about 75 yards out. Picked up some bait in the surf, dinner with the wife for her birthday and then some night surf fishing. Hopefully the rain will hold off the night but I'm not only lucky enough to have a wife that enjoys fishing, but she will even fish in the rain :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts