Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I'm new and have a story and a question.

My boyfriend and I were out on his boat (he calls it a flats boat whatever that means??) in the 'back country???' (whatever that is - all I know is it was close to alot of trees). We were out for a couple of hours (seemed that long - I got a good tan so it probably was) when all the sudden he caught this really cool-looking, huge fish - about 2 feet long. It was Silver!!! So different! I didn't realize fish were silver. Does anyone know what it is called? It was so neat! Maybe the moderator can tell me? I want to get him something with that kind of fish on it. It was big, silver and cute.

Thanks for your help!
Miamibabe

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm not enough of an expert on Florida fishin, so don't go by my word, but sounds like it could have been a Tarpon.

Check out some of the wildlife guide books like Audobon's.

Anyone? She's got me curious. :confused:

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
miami fishing babe there is a good chance it was a tarpon. unless it had a small thin stripe down it and that would make it a snook.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
try this miami fishing babe. if it looked like this one than it was a tarpon.web page

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
or maybe this one a bonefish.web pageand here is a snookweb page hope this helps

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Hey miamifishingbabe
Didn't your boy friend tell you what kind of fish it was?

I hope the info above helped you out. ;) ;)

T<----->---<>Kozlow

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Hey miamifishingbabe
I was thinking Im not to far from Miami and since you like to go fishing , maybe you and I could go and I will be more then happy to show you all of the different species we might encounter. ;)

Please email me your picture first! ;)

T<----->---<>Kozlow

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmmmm.... well I do have a boyfriend. But, I saw your picture on the 'Angler of the Month' post and you look pretty good ;)

If you can make it down here email me (I'll send you my email address) but I have to be careful. My boyfriend gets pretty nuts when I do this sort of thing.

(you're pretty cute tho... lets see what we can work out. as far as my picture, you'll just have to chance it ;) ;) I think you'll be pleased..... )

miamibabe

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Look's like Kozlow is going to MIAMI to brush up on my Fish Identification and Technics. ;) Also while I am there will see if she got her moneies worth from that gym membership and I can't wait ro see those Tan Lines.( maybe she doesn't have any) :D :D That would be cool. :cool:
Can't wait to show you the back country miamifishingbabe ;) ;)

T<---->--<>Kozlow

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You've got mail kozlow ;)

(and you're right.... not many tan lines ;) )

Are you married? (doesn't really matter but I like to know ahead of time).

P

·
0 Posts
Koz

You seem to be a man who stays on top of things there in Florida. Keeping us informed and all. Don't know how many of us have been to the back country... :rolleyes:

Can we expect you to post a link to the site?

:D :D :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the links... Koz helped me figure out the fish. I think it was a bonefish (what a name!!!! OMG lol!!)
(is he just saying that? ;) )

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Did you just say you wanted to kiss the "bone fish"?? ;) ;) Just thinking of that one episode of Fish On.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Hey Lovetocrab
Do you do much crabbing in NJ and were do you go to crab? What do you use to catch crabs ? What kind of crabs do you catch in NJ?

miamifishingbabe
Got your mail. Nice, Very Nice. :D :D Yes there is such a thing as a bonefish.
If we get together I will have to show you one. I am not married but have a girlfriend,
but if it doesn't matter to you it won't matter to me. ;) ;) ;)

FL FISHERMAN
FISH ON MIAMI STYLE!!! :cool: :)

T<---->--<>Kozlow

1 - 20 of 34 Posts