Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far I have mostly just shark fished with hit or miss results but have done some surf fishing while shark fishing. I got to do a 5 day long trip the second weekend of May to North East Florida since our beaches in SC were closed. We roughed it and slept in cars in parking lots, and sand on beaches and stayed mobile looking for the bite. The highlight fishing wise was me loosing a giant that didn't quite get the hook after a 10 minute fight but we all caught some fish and had a good time on the trip. A few new PBs, a new species, a truely giant shark and a whole lot of hard work and time on the sand.

Currently we have some good water with temps in the 80s and winds that should blow in some good fish with some more good water. The surf bite on shrimp has been whiting, spot and baby sharks, on cut bait some Ray's are being caught but mostly small sharks from 1-5 ft. I've heard of decent trout and Spanish action lately if your lucky to be there when they are.

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Not a shark guy, but holy cow! Those are some big sharks. I remember wade fishing in Pensacola with my brother. Caught a big trout wading at least 100 yards from shore. When I let him go, a 6-7 ft shark came right beside me and ate him, practically out of my hand. I never wade fish anymore, as I had no idea sharks like that existed so close to the beach.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts