Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It amazes me how one can post asking for information for about where's best to fish this weekend and not get a response. Not meaning to start an argue, it seems that very few people respond to a womans post. A few people have reponsed a couple of times but mostly I get a big "0" response. Maybe it's because I don't sound interesting or don't ask the right questions. I am, however, an avid fisherperson fishing lakes and the ocean for 40+ years. I still want to know where blues, croaker, puffers, and flounder are running or any one of the above. Thank you all for listening and I am sorry if I have offended anyone. :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey dont get so upset over nothing we all love to fish, but I understand. But the best places to fish down here are Little Island and south Avon, Frisco, Avalon ect. for anything enjoy . ciao ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think it is pretty cheap when someone asks, "Where's the best place to..." You know many of us have worked hard to find good fishing spots. Now if someone wants to go go fishing then search online, check the local piers and start from there, just like most of us have.

I think if someone asks, "Where should I start?" They would get a better answer!

P

·
0 Posts
Catfishmama,

That's possibly because most of the guys are either married or attached and they may feel uneasy, just don't know how to, or are completely afraid to give advice to a woman. After all, they probably aren't allowed and have no prior experience giving advice to their better half at home. ;) Now there may be those rare few brave souls who will respond. But of those few, the longer they have been attached, the shorter their responding posts will be.

That would be my guess!

Let me add this, then you have to keep in mind too that there are a few members who are far from being gentlemen and aren't afraid to post(past tense) that fact in this thread. And then too, there's the male macho thing. There are those guys who should not be so quick to let it be known that they are afraid a woman might somehow get the upper hand and possibly outfish em. :eek:
Should I mention the divorced and recently separated few. I don't think anyone would want their advice. :rolleyes:

In time more will begin to respond. And those will be the ones whose advice would be top quality.

Now from observation I can say "new members" who include "babe" and "Goddess" in their names seem to get "within minutes" responses. Hang in there, cause with all that drool coming from the mouths of quick responders, I'm sure it'll be hard to understand a word they're saying. :eek:

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Now catfishmama....don't get your shorts in a knot.I think a lot of us feel that on a pretty generic question, a little scrolling thru the current conversations will answer the question.By the way,my 13 yr.old daughter is a fishing machine and gender, when it comes to feeshin,means diddly. the R

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Whoa, talk about being defensive!! Ditto what the GuppyMeister said, there has been numerous threads in the last couple of weeks on where to go and how to go about it. Just spend some time on the board and do some homework in the archives ( or past pages ) and enjoy the online company. There are a lot of great Fisherfolks on the board, give us a chance!! It's just like going fishing, there are no guarantees, put your time in and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
72 Posts
To answer your question.
Some good places are colonial parkway in williamsburg (croaker, spot), james river bridge in hampton (croaker, catfish, trout), and CBBT(any and everything). This is just a sampling of numerous places but it should give you a good start. Hope it helps. Also click on hot spots to the left.
smokie

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'd have been more than happy to help you, but I don't know squat.

I agree that there is plenty of info on the boards, and it's nice to get a little up-to-the-minute(or tide) info, and the reports are great for that. Thanks to all who let us know what's going on where.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hmmm..I never noticed a post from you Catfishmamma. I don't think it's a discrimination thing though. I learned to fish with my Mamma, and my uncles, so definately dont under estimate a women when it comes to fishing. (Or Hunting either - Mom routinely gets HUGE Buck Deer in Michigan and was even featured in Michigan Outdoors Magazine).

I would suggest hitting Lynnhaven Pier. It's the only place I go as of now, but I rarely leave without catching something. Friendly people there and a lot of P&S posters out there wettin lines.

Good luck.

PS - most of us like ladies! :)

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
I don't really pay too much attention to screen names,unless I have personally met you,so I don't know or care what sex you are.As long as you share the same type of fishing interests,I wouldn't care if you were a alien,planning to blow up the earth :D .But be4 you blow it up,please let me me be fishin!
So with that said,I really am not to much of a pier dwellar,but the action has been pretty warm @ the Spit.I know the sand and rocks do not accomadate wheel chairs too fairly,but some nice sized Spots ,medium croakers and your occasional juvenile black drum are being landed on blood worms while fishing on the bottom.The lingering grey trout run has slowly subsided,but casting artificials(esp storm shads)have surprisingly hooked some nice size and legal flounder and your ever-so happy to tear your plastics up-Blue fish.The rumor also is that stripers are also being caught on artificials,but I yet have to land one.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Who the heck knows where the fish are going to be on the coming weekend! Best guess is as good as it gets, but if I were looking for a place to wet a line, I sure would look to see where they have been biting. One thing about P&S folk, there are few secret spots and plenty of "fish on" info. Almost all the piers down here are catching fish so check out the "Hot Spots".

Now if you are just looking for conversation under the pretense of looking for a spot to fish, then that's another thing.

Since you're from my neck of the woods (I was born in C'ville and most of my family is still there) then let's talk!

NS4D; where the heck have you been?

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Surf-n-Turf-WORK!!!!!!!!Ya know some of aren't made of money like you are!I have been fishing either real early in the morning or late in the evening(after work).

I have been hitting Rudde Inlet,in the mornings and the Spit in the evenings.
Sorry I haven't been in touch.I may have a break in the action this weekend.

Buy some blood worms if you want to do some bottom fishing,those silly croakers love them Fish Bites.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Catfish,

Lesner Bridge isn't a bad place to start. Who knows this time of the year!

You can be one of the guys![*]null

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Surf & Turf........I know the feelin...one ODU,one Hokie,one W&M,and two ready to"step up"to the money tree.Geeezzz I better get back to work. the R

1 - 16 of 16 Posts