Pier and Surf Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
If your braid starts to double over itself when you pull tight on the alberto you have to start all over. I usually only leave a little over 1/8" tag end. I still like double braid uni to uni for 8lb PP to 20lb fluoro if the knot will not be going through my guides, if the knot is going through the guides then I like a more low profile knot like the alberto, albright, etc.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Using 6... Are you running the line out through the same way you started it??
No I was doing 6 wraps up and then 6 wraps down and then out the opposite side. I may have just not tightened it quite enough because it looked as if the Fluoro had just slipped out as the braid some what held the shape of the not after having reeled it in. I tied that not twice that day once on my friends rod with fireline-Big game and once on mine with PP-Fluoro, mine slipped and his fished all day.

·
Premium Member
10,102 Posts
No I was doing 6 wraps up and then 6 wraps down and then out the opposite side. I may have just not tightened it quite enough because it looked as if the Fluoro had just slipped out as the braid some what held the shape of the not after having reeled it in. I tied that not twice that day once on my friends rod with fireline-Big game and once on mine with PP-Fluoro, mine slipped and his fished all day.
The way I have done it is to run it out SAME SIDE... On an albright you run out opposite side,but with an alberto I have understood it to go out the same side as it went in.. That is the way I have been testing it,and it has yet to slip when pulled... I usually step my knot down with a bimini,then no name for a connection between heavy mono and lighter braid though...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Guys ,
Heres a link to video explaing how to tie a Sebile knot, its post #4 on this thread.
http://vbsf.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=15132&hl=braid

the result is a strong thin knot able to pass thru the guides, I use it to splice 40lb mono as a filler to 65lb powerpro for trolling stretch30`s and 20oz mojo`s.

whuups , just noticed u have to register first, SORRY. its free, and is a great video

21 - 25 of 25 Posts