Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Left the marina at about 8pm in the trusty Old Town limousine.. hit the lights in the creeks around Poquoson River. Caught 30 fish from 19-27in in about 4hrs. Had some holes that were constant action! Kept our 4 limit, and headed in at around midnite. We have an extra OldTown if anyone wants to come sometime.

Here's the secret... SNEAK UP ON THEM! we saw 1 other boater in a CC and he had caught 2 fish.

Gulps, of course, were the hit.

tight lines

·
Registered
862 Posts
Where do you launch from to fish Poquoson River?

I live at the end of Hunts Neck Road (Poquoson) and have a 16' kayak that I could join you with. There is a public landing right down the road that works good for hand launching boats.

I am a little hesitant to fish by myself after dark with the water cooling down and all.

Tom

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where do you launch from to fish Poquoson River?

I live at the end of Hunts Neck Road (Poquoson) and have a 16' kayak that I could join you with. There is a public landing right down the road that works good for hand launching boats.

I am a little hesitant to fish by myself after dark with the water cooling down and all.

Tom
Tom, we actually launched out of Dare Marina. We generally hit Chisman, boathouse, and goose creeks. If you can trailer the Yak to Dare, come on anytime. If not, Launch from the public pier where Bubba's restaurant used to be...shouldn't be that long of a run to get to some lit docks from there. Or, if you are comfortable in the front of a canoe, just lemme know when you want to go!

·
Registered
862 Posts
Where I live is at the ramp right on the Poquoson River. It is probably 1/2 mile closer to where you are fishing than Bubba's. The ramp is like 1/2 mile up river from Hunts Point. I generally launch off of a two wheel cart from my house. We will have to see what we can do about getting together.

With the wind and cooler temperatures hitting I might be just doing most all of my fishing out of my motorboat, especially with the winds picking up all this week. I am patient. . . I am interested in going out but hesitant to be doing the crossing of open (below 60d) water at night.

If nothing else keep me in mind next year as I am not going anywhere. . .

We will see what happens send me a bmail me on nights that you go out when it is calm.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is the weather supposed to be tomorrow nite? I can meet you at Dare Marina if you wanna jump in the canoe. I plan on staying in Chisman, and will not be in more than 10ft of water,usually in about 2-4ft only, or more than 50ft from shore. I have some holes deep in chisman....and they have been producing like crazy!

If you wanna give me a call, I am unemployed and can prety much fish any nite.

give me a call or a bm...this goes for anyone else out there, too, that can handle my canoe.

tight lines

-tory
(757) 303-8416
[email protected]

·
Registered
862 Posts
I'll light SW picking up and shifting over to the NW later in the evening is what weather underground is calling for. I am pretty sure that my wife has plans for me this evening so I can't make any promises. (i.e. we will have to see.) I will file your email address and phone number away and see what we can do.

I would much rather be able to launch at my house and paddle across. To bad there are no lighted docks on my side of the river or I would be doing the same as you staying near the shore and in shallow water most of the time.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tow, we're probably going to go tomorrow nite. (wednesday nite). If you are interested, give me a call. Probably be leaving Dare Marina at about 830pm. We'll be in a canoe, if you want to tag along in the yak.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks Tory, had a great time last night. Glad we stuck it out until the tide started moving. I know 6 fish is nothing compared to the usual but I thought it was pretty damn fun.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Nice meeting you last night Keezy. We had a blast out there last night too. Carey had to be in since he's got to work so early and we figured it would be sometime before it picked up so had to go in a little bit early. How long did you guys stay out? Anything with any size to it? We got a little action while we were there but it sure was fun paddling around out there. I would definately like to do it again.

Ben

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Keezy got 6 and I got 4, all in the schoolie19-22in class. We fished til about 2am, BS'ed til about 3, and hit the road. I have a new creek I am itching to try next time. My wife's boss is up to 83 fish in the last 2 weeks there.....I gotta catch up. I'm only at 67 so far this season.

I'm planning on going back out any nite that I have someone who wants to go, so lemme know and we'll do it again...and anyone else out there, if you can handle 4or 5 hrs in a canoe, and you bring some likker, gimme a shout and we'll go any nite. Weekends are usually not as good due to powerboat traffic, so mainly I fish weekdays.

Tight lines all!!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
surfva,

I'm probably going tomorrow nite, and the likker thing is more of a toast/jinx thing. Last nite Keezy had a jelly jar of Jack...good nuff.

Lemme know if you wanna go tomorrow nite. I probably have room for 2.

Tory

757-303-8416

1 - 14 of 14 Posts