Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming down Friday am with the grandfather and staying in Frisco until Monday. I was really excited about the SW wind forecast until they pumped the speeds up to 25-35 Friday night and Saterday... :eek: Was planning on fishing North or South of the Point on Friday(Not going to drag him or myself into that crowd) and then hitting the south end of Ocracoke island Saturday and Saturday evening with the SW winds.. anyone else hittin' it? The grand father is still excited, he hasn't fished the surf since he took me last probably 7 years ago! Feels nice getting to repay all the years he brought me down when I was younger.

TJ

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yep, your best bet is to fish the N beaches.
Good Luck!

Beware of Ramp 27S @ high tide!
Beware of Ramp 38 always!!!!!
23, 34, and the point ramps are good.
Be sure that the point ramps are not still flooded out.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I'm hoping it wont be quite that bad now, they keep changing it, but the Noaa Marine Forecast is guessing 20-25 knots South Friday afternoon, 25-30 Friday night and turning SW 25-30 on Saterday until it lays down a bit.. Based on the advice here, I may scrap the Ocracoke on saterday idea if it washes out that bad.. I haven't ever fished the areas between 23 and 34, if its recommended I will. Thanks for the heads up on the wash outs, I'll avoid the south beaches until it calms down Sunday and Monday..

TJ

North Beach could be a good bet on sw winds... Ocracoke may be blown out,if it blows the speeds your saying... Point may be fishable on the n side with sw,but with those windspeeds,s of the point is going to be blown out as well...

·
Premium Member
10,102 Posts
Well, I'm hoping it wont be quite that bad now, they keep changing it, but the Noaa Marine Forecast is guessing 20-25 knots South Friday afternoon, 25-30 Friday night and turning SW 25-30 on Saterday until it lays down a bit.. Based on the advice here, I may scrap the Ocracoke on saterday idea if it washes out that bad.. I haven't ever fished the areas between 23 and 34, if its recommended I will. Thanks for the heads up on the wash outs, I'll avoid the south beaches until it calms down Sunday and Monday..

TJ
Not saying Ocracoke and Point will be "washed out",just saying you may need a concrete block to hold your bait in place.. ;) :D

20-25kt ain't all that bad.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not saying Ocracoke and Point will be "washed out",just saying you may need a concrete block to hold your bait in place.. ;) :D

20-25kt ain't all that bad.....
Yeah, not lookin nearly as bad as it had been. I just don't know the rules with wind down there, I always heard fish "facing into the wind" but people seem to recommend fishing the North beach with the SW wind, guess we'll find out. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts