Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
I was at the wall on great neck rd. the other day like tuesday night full moon caught the tide right and everything I caught 1 dinky a*s spot and 1 15 1/2 in puppy drum and 1 tiny sea bass oh yea and 1 oyster toad that was it! Nothing really exciting going on down there right now I guess !:confused:

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
not again! are the bums still camped up down there? i usually bring a few 40oz. of malt liquor and they don't harass me anymore.

togman, I might have met you there a few winters ago. if it's you, yah sure live up to your name!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Nah, not me, never fished for tog there, but have fished for pups, spot, founder & striper though.

This is usually a good spot this time of year, have not heard any reports though.
Are there really bums down there now?

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
To be completely honest, it is no hot spot... it's actually a pretty slow spot for the most part... the current, bugs, and trash don't make it anymore pleasant. It's not a bad place to soak some spot this time of year though. Put a bait at the end of the wall towards the new bridge in the calmer water... got most of mine there. There is a few holes in the channel as well. Have a rod that can pitch a stingsilver or bucktail to the other side incase they start busting baits along the wall.... this is a good place to have a long handled net... lost a few big ones trying to crank them up. Used to be a great place to catch yeller bellies too. About 2yrs ago I took my girlfriend fishing there and filled half a 5gal. bucket in two hours. We probably cleaned atleast 5 papers... not knowing the citation on 'em. :rolleyes:

Flea I have seen some big tog pulled off that bridge. Any word on the spot bite there? I need to fill the freezer.

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
I watched a man wear the tog out down there one winter morning... He was using shrimp on a carolina rig... bouncing the pilings of the old bridge.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I think the Spot bite was nada there this year, use to be a good place to take a long lunch & catch a dozen or two...........

1 - 16 of 16 Posts