Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Twenty miles off the quiet fishing village of North Rustico, Prince Edward Island is every big-game fisherman's dream. What's occuring is probably the largest feeding frenzy in nature. The herring are schooling, the Hump-back whales are smashing the schools with thier tails and gorging the dead and wounded, Gannets by the thousands are shooting through the water like arrows, sharks are also here for the buffet. In all this mayhem the fishing fleet has has arrived, seeking out the Ultimate Big-game fish the Bluefin Tuna, The Horse-Mackeral, The Giants and whatever you call them they will take you to your limit of physical endurance and then move on to the next lucky set of arms and continue until all on board are totally exhausted. This battle of brawn takes place with 400 yards of 180 lbs test line between you and your trophy and can last between one hour to as long as nineteen hours with the average around four. North Rustico harbour landed 33 of these Titans between Oct 10&11/08, the smallest just over six hundred to the largest of over thirteen hundred. Congrats guys and gals and my hat goes off to you for a job well done.

·
Registered
689 Posts
In Aruba, on Palm Beach, in front of the Marriott "Complex, is a commercial marina for the locals, on their small boats, handlining for really huge wahoo, and barracuda. I think those guys, busting butt for a living fishing for 50-100 pound wahoo, deserve a thought.

Just like the Spencer Tracy movie, written by Ernest Hemingway, "The Old Man and the Sea"...

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
You're lucky you live up there where they have these huge bluefin. It's funny you brought this topic up, because yesterday I was looking at some sites about the big bluefin fishery. I think the best picture I've ever seen in my life is in the following link. Scroll down the page and look at the monster bluefin out of the water grabbing bait. It's freakin sick.

http://www.bigmarinefish.com/photos_bluefin_tuna_pg1.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts