Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone wanna join me for the Ultimate Extreme Fishing Trip? On this trip its Do or Die. I wanna fish in the eye of the hurricane. I havent had a worthy fishing trip in 2 months and its driving me crazy. At this point i would do anything to have a great outing. My delirium is getting so intense my family is starting to look like fish. I pray to the fish gods everyday and when i go out nothing. Maybe i need to become a born again fisheman. Maybe i can get baptized in a pool of chum. Something has got to give. Lately ive been thinking of giving up fishing, Thats how frustrated i have become.All i have to say is HEEEELLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!! Wake me up from this nightmare...........Tight Lines ( Well mine havent been so tight lately)

MC :(

·
Registered
8,052 Posts
Persaverience(SP)

MC, I had good luck this spring on croaker. Then I got 1 bluefish from May-Sept. Then last week I got a 4# black and red drum plus a nice release striper. Keep your head up an keep fishing, it will happen. Trust me. :D

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Calm down buddie,

and stop talking that crap. Things will only get better as it gets colder. I haven't had a banner year either but it will get better. Just think, we got that Tog trip comming up soon. That will give you a jump start! So take a chill pill and give me a call, we'll go someplace soon my friend....Tightlines

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Yeah like Hat said. The tog trip should be a jumpstart to end all your fishing problems my friend.:D

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
It happens to every one of us. Last year was one of my worst seasons in years; I started with a few good striper catches in the spring and then it totally petered out. All summer long I couldn't catch stink on a monkey.

I got so mad that I felt like giving up. I was driving hundreds of miles every weekend, desperately trying to get into fish, and failing most of the time.

By late Sept., I was ready to hang the whole thing up until this year. But on one lucky day everything turned around.

The only thing I can say is: keep your eyes peeled for good opportunities and stack the odds in your favor by going to places likely to produce fish and use the right tackle. And remember why you started fishing in the first place: being outdoors, relaxing, hanging out with friends.

Stay tuned--it's about to bust open any day now. Soon enough you'll be back in the fish and posting stories about how you slayed 'em. :D

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
This fishing season isn't to bad,but it is putting more wear and tear on my truck.But its just cool being out fishing even when I constantly have tangled lines and get skunked.I've had to work for all those good fish;however it was worth it.Have confedence;I know I can't complain.:cool:

·
Registered
7,090 Posts
Master Caster...Just to let you know that they're still fish out there I offer this little teaser. Came out of my creek Sun. morning which opens up to Hacketts Bar and ran into about 3 acres of breaking rock and blues. In two hours I must have caught at least 50 with a stingsilver. One on every cast. The bad news is that everyone was a dink. Largest rock was 17 1/2" and caught at least 20 that size. Sure was fun though. You would have need a cast of 3/4 mile to reach them.:D Keep the faith.

Catman.:)

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Yeah it's been that kinda year. I've actually had a pretty good year so far, lotta sea bass and tog in the spring, croakers in the early summer, and fishing with Jason has always been good. I guess I've just been lucky. Don't worry buddy, we'll find a way to get you into some serious fish. Maybe after the storm we'll hit Point Lookout or maybe talk Jason into getting all of us into the Pax NAS.
-Anthony

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You guys are great

Thnak you all for those kind and caring words. Its great to know that there are friends like you i can count on when im feeling blue. Sand Flea, that was a great report and im looking forward to the day when i get that elusive cow. Catman, I went out and bought some stingsilvers this morning as a matter of fact. I just had to do something related to fishing even if it was just going to the tackle shop. Im going back on friday to buy me a few more colors and a few hopkins. Listening to you giys has got me all fired up to fish. I might go in the morning if something is open. Anyon know if SPSP wil be open in the morning??? If so let me know. I might just fish there for a few hours and get home before he storm. Again, you guys ae the best...........Tight Lines

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
270 Posts
I can relate, MC. I made the HUGE mistake of picking up a Saltwater Sportsman mag this morning when I was grabbing some hurricane party essentials for tonight and damnit, the ONLY thing I wan tot do right now is go fishing. I'll be in Annapolis for the NAvy game on Saturday afternoon... might just have to take two cars so that I can go find myself some beach or peir for the late afternoon/early evenning. Anybody up for a late-day stop at SPSP or MAtapeake/Romancoke?

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
I wanted to go someplace today,

but as you see everyplace is closed. I guess we just have to wait for this to blow over. We can always remember the fish we caught in the past few weeks to keep ourselves going MC. Maybe a little humor will help pass the time my friend...Tightlines

Heres a nice one I got,

And heres a nice one you got :D

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thats what I needed

that was a laugh and a half. Hey Hat80, You are a funny guy. WHere you trying to go? Hey Jake, That was my trophy striper ( Although the trophy was a booby prize) . Hey Rugger, Give me a time and a place and ill meet you there saturday. I would have went this morning when i got of work but all access to water was shutdown so that was that. The weather for saturday is supposed to be low 80's and sunny. How about a group trip somewhere saturday? Let me know something guys.........Tight Lines

MC

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.