Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats been going on at the Tank? I know people have been going but have yet to see a report...Tightlines

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I don't know but I know that some people went Sat. and won't tell us if they caught anything, I want to know so I don't make a mistake on going there Tuesday morning and not catching anything,SO COME ON GUYS spill your guts out and tell your buddies what's bittin. Cats got your toung!!!!!! :mad:

·
Registered
399 Posts
A couple of friends of mine went on Friday night to only bring back 1 white perch and some good bites. They had reports fishing was really slow from everyone they spoke.

I went out chumming on Sat. morning, boated and released 40 stripers then kept 6 between 19 and 24 inches. :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was curious why there was so much talk about going to the Choptank on Memorial Day weekend (one topic had 53 replies), yet no one posted anything about how they did in spite of questions posted. Silence often speaks louder than words, so I suspected fishing was very good and folks didn't want to encourage overcrowding.
We went from 4:00 Saturday afternoon through noon Sunday. (We brought a tent to get out of the weather occassionally and to take naps.) In spite of the very unpleasant constant heavy winds, the fishing was very good, though just for croakers. My wife and I brought twenty home, ranging from 14 to 20 inches. Others did even better. One guy was there for only an hour, and left with eight big croakers. Another guy was there for about four hours, and said he was taking 25 home. Bloodworms seemed to be the most successful bait, though many croakers were caught on crab and squid. A number of small rockfish and perch were the only other fish caught.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Brackish Boy,
Sounds as if your day was a winnner. What side do you fish, Talbot or Dorchester sides of the bridge?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Dorchester, though my experience is that when they are hitting on one side, they are hitting on both. Everyone has their favorite side, but I think that after they have had a couple of good experiences on one side, most people just stick to that side.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Slow night at the Tank.

Got there at dusk on a slack/outgoing tide.

Fished the eastside and had moderate action on squid and bloods. Bloods got perch and a baby trout. Squid got croaker.

Left a little after midnight with about 8 croaker. There was a run of about an hour where 6 of the 8 were caught and then it went dead. The last croaker caught was bigger than my forearm and hand -- 22" and it had to be at least four or five pounds!

I was a little freaked out when I had to set the drag -- I was thinking what else eats squid and can take 12lb test like this?

I think it'll heat up very soon. Croaker are there. Give it a week.

-c

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I hope the Trout get streched out so when I catch one there it's big enought to keep.I think I'll try there next time for a change of pace.Striper fishing with lures should be good there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Fished the Tank yesterday during the day. 8am -2pm Caught 8 nice croakers. One guy at the wall limit out in 3 hours. So he says!! :confused:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts