Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I took a little risk but it was well worth it.

I stayed at VA beach resort hotel through the storm, and for about 80 percent of it I was standing on the beach in the waves. It was COMPLETELY AWESOME! Waves would sometimes hit me chest high, and the wind was incredible but I got a lot of cool video. I was worried about my camera getting wet so the shots I got were intermittent but I did get video of the Lynnhaven pier right after the boats hit it. The water was almost up to the deck...waves washing over the pier at times.

All I can say is WOW, and thank you GOD for keeping us safe.

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Glad you got to see your first hurricane and made it out okay. And to think it mostly missed Tidewater and was only a Cat 2...

See why everyone was so freaked out when it was a Cat. 5 and was headed straight for Tidewater? It would have looked like a nuke hit the bay.

Well, I guess we're all looking at a lot of rebuilding. Please tell Hoyt I said hi. I'll be down next weekend for drum season. Maybe I'll take you to my favorite drum hole. :cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was all over the day of the storm. I was at Willoughby when Harrisons went down. I was also at Lynnhaven, Rudee and the Ocean Front. Made to Buckroe on friday. I took a lot of awesome pictures and they are getting posted on the Tidalfish Va board.

This was a small but terrible storm.-Tim

·
Registered
206 Posts
GD

whats up man. glad to hear u got good video. i am going to be at lynnhaven sunday night between 5-9 til when ever. bring it up there if u are coming. i was going to come help but when jenny called i was outside richmond so it was no good.

dan lee

·
Registered
960 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts