Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The last couple of years I fish off the surf near the Spy House Pier in Port Monmouth and never caught anything. This past Saturday (9/21/03) I decided to fish on the pier and I caught 2 nice size blues (I was only there a couple of hours). Is this year any different at the Spy House Pier?

-phil

BTW - I think the Spy House is haunted; I get spooked just looking at it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
phil

i fish that area also, i have caught weakfish ,fluke and blues in that area but still haven't gotten my striper yet. the bay was completley frozen last winter which could of helped fishing this year.

are u from that area?

that spy house is haunted :eek:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I'm from north Jersey. I read about the pier a few years ago, and the revies were not that good... but now it seems to be a "hot spot", for average fishing.

and I thought so about that house :jawdrop:
-phil

·
Registered
273 Posts
flatfish,

Thanks for the link.

I tried the Belford beach in the spring with no luck but I plan to spend a few mornings there this fall.

I'll definitley have to give the pier shot!

Also, I'm kind of into early American History, particularly the Revolutionary War. I'm sure I'll check out the Spy House as well.

I've driven by a couple of times and never noticed it.

DH

·
Registered
273 Posts
Sounds like a plan. I have'nt gotten out in about three weeks so I'm starting to get a little stir crazy (this weekend looks bad as well).

I'm going to try to do something on the 4th or 5th, I'll let you know.

DH

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Spy house pier was a bust for this weekend. I only caught sunrays there... I also tried Sandy Hook and nothing there either. ... but the spy house pier was loaded with Bunker and other baitfish.

How did everyone else do?

-phil:mad:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.