Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to the Spit @ 630pm.Changing tide,fishing with my Key Largo 8 foot trout rod,with Samuri daiwa reel,first cast with a 4 inch green Storm shad,med to slow retrieve,Boom.....1st schoolie(16 inches).2nd cast,same result.

stayed till 830pm,same results for 2 straight hours.It was a blast to catch n release stripers that I almost forgot I hadn't caught anything that much fun for almost 4 months.

Also tried a black and white wind cheater,not as good as storm shad,especially with the out-going tide(tons of grass).But did wind up hooking up with 2 schoolies.

How one good nite,catching,can cure 4 cold months of cabin fever.
I hope everyone finds there cure this weekend!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Business has been taking me recently across the spit but I havent had time to scout it out. Is there much public access and parking??As I come across the bridge from the west I noticed the two jetties by the motel on the right side. Is that a possibility??

·
Registered
270 Posts
Yep, just be careful where you park "landlocked". Those businesses over there are not "fisherman friendly" at all. There are some parking spaces on the right hand side of the road just before you get to where you really want to be.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Thanks for the info.While on business I took the next exit east of the spit and was on a road like oceandrive or oceanview. Noticed a waterfront park with a womans name maybe sarah something. Is that worth checking??

·
Registered
270 Posts
Ocean View Ave and Sarah Constants Shrine... I would not go there unless you are of the "HAPPY" persuasion, at least not at night or late afternoon.

Get off the first exit as soon as you come off the bridge. Turn right and drive to the water straight ahead. Now look around because that is one of the places where you want to be. Turn around and go back to where you turned right and look to your left past the Marina "No Parking" and "Patron Parking Only" signs and there will be parallel parking spaces after the exit/entrance to I64. Park and walk down behind the fence you just drove past earlier to the beach at the bridge.

This sounds complicated, but I think when you see it you will understand.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Thanks S and T it sounds easy enough. If Im down in that area and get a last appointment of two I will definitly give it a try. If you see a custom white/gray F150 you know Im around.

·
Registered
12 Posts
actually you can park on 13 or 15 view, and there is beach access right there. that is my main place to fish, so i know those two places are ideal to park

1 - 7 of 7 Posts