Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
made the run down Friday, took my daughter and her friend down to what turned out to be a mostly wet, windy adventure.

Picked up some small mullet for bait and headed out to the point area. South side looked pretty slack, but the north side was thrashing and had some nice sloughs running thru it as high tide approached.

The first hour or so was dull, and the weather wasn't helping us stay interested. Then just as the tide was peaking my neighbor's rod went off and he got this nice drum. Measured out at 43".

A few minutes later I managed a small over slot pup of 30".

Other than that the small blues were tearing up bait. Went back out Saturday morning to more rain and wind, but not much happening, so packed it up and headed home.

My pup.
Wound up with a nasty head cold for hanging out in the rain, but was worth it !

:fishing:

·
Premium Member
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sweet... did you make paper on the 43"?...

Not sure if the guy that caught the 43" filed for paper or not. Looking back I realize I called him my neighbor, but just meant that in the sense he was spiked up next to me, and my daughter was taking random pics, so I posted it up for the guy. Anyone recognize him? He definitely knew his stuff.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I was at the point this weekend as well. I got 3 drum, 40", 31", and 24". Aside from the rain on Fri/Sat, I had a great time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts