Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was also posted in Florida, but I figured all would enjoy this post.

It doesn't get any better than this.

I ended up getting a nice slot sized 28 inch snook as my last fish on my last outing of fishing at Redfish Pass. It was a nice way to cap off the week.

I must have caught about 50 snook on the week. Most of them were just under slot 26-27 inchers, slot fish and over slot fish.

I only caught three usual suspect snook in the low twenties all week and one of them had a tag in it from Mote Marine's Port Charlotte field station.

I must have caught a good dozen and a half that were over slot going to 35 inches which was my biggest fish.

It was one of the best vacation weeks I've had down there ever and I've been going down there for over ten years now.

By the way I recorded all the info on that tagged fish along with a precise GPS location.

I'll do a post about that in the next few days. The lead scientist from that program is on an extended field study until next week. I'm looking forward to finding out the info on my tagged snook.

I also took this nice sunset photo from the pass to top it all off.

I hope you all enjoy.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks--I'm looking forward to finding out the information on that tagged snook I released back into the pass.

He was a scrappy little male that went airborne on me three times before I got him under control.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Sounds awesome man. Looks like I missed the best fishing when I went down there three weeks ago. Can't wait to go back for 10 days as soon as my summer semester is over in August. I've been fishing in that area from bridges and piers since I was 4 and lived in Ft. Myers.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the comments everyone.

Yogai--It's only going to get better down there. The Blind Pass dredging project is almost done. That pass is being restored to full open condition. It's been nearly a nine month project which included sea grass restoration, mangrove restoration, and oyster bed restoration inside Wulfert Channel leading to Pine Island Sound.

The Pass will be open all the way from the Gulf jetty to the Sound like it once was before all the storms and Hurricane Charley finally did it in.

I can't wait. The Blind Pass Bridge and jetty had the best snook fishing from shore on the entire Gulf Coast in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
3,417 Posts
Great work!

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
Nice job Mook!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.