Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NFC rates this 12'6" blank at 2-8ozs ... nope, I don't think so.

Finished the guide tape wrapping yesterday and with the good weather of today I took it out for a shakedown with the Chief 6000CS that I had turned into a 6000CTM. That this rod is rated to 8oz is a joke - with 4ozs the uber fast tip is nearly bent over in a "C" shape. However, that 4oz payload was incredibly easy to flip over 100 yards. Very smooth for easy casting. The butt section is quite stiff and should have no problem fighting fairly hefty fish. So I'm calling this a lure rod for 1-3oz, or a light weight 'n' bait rod for the smaller surf denizens.

Road surface Asphalt Automotive tire Rectangle Font

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I am still waiting on my Blank to arrive. Too bad that Loomis seems to be over rating the capacity this and the 1207 Rod, one would think after all this time in the blank business they would underestimate instead of overestimate.

I will be fine if this rod can do a five ounce Stingsilver or a Sputnik with a pendulum cast. If it will only do four ounces I might cut the tip back some. But either way the price was right.

Is that electricians tape on your stick or shrink wrap?

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had ordered a pair of these NFC 1265 rods and the second one was still listed as "processing" - I called NFC and cancelled that 2nd order. :rolleyes::confused::p

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ordered a blank Oct 10, still not received. Canceled order, no response from them. Not a way to run a business.
I ordered a blank as well around the same time and also have not received.
Called NFC this past Friday to find out what’s going on and was told that they’ve been hammered by their ongoing Black Friday sale but I should expect to receive by the end of this month. If not here on December first, I’m canceling my order. Agreed; bad way to run a business.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts