Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New Year to everyone.
I guess the next big run should be yellow perch. Then stripers. I'm in the house fine tuning my gear, I got my fishing license yesterday so I'm ready. This year I would like to meet a lot more of the P&S family. And try to educate some of the people out here about fishing the legal way. I'm willing to help anyone, share gear whatever. Knowledge is power, knowledge keeps you out of jail.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
I drive up 1-2x a week. Almost 200 miles each way. I'm exhausted after each trip but going up there is worth it do the quality of fish.

·
Registered
978 Posts

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
nothing locally that I know of, gotta head up to NJ to buy them in a store or order online. I like the yellow. the tsunami talkin poppers are good too and fairly cheap. They can be had at cabelas i believe. Lux is another good pencil. Make sure you have a few metal lips too, they were doing work along with pencils this past weekend. SS poppers got a few too. SP minnows will catch everything.
I have all my **** arranged on a milk crate. easy to see and easy to hose off.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Arranged on a crate to rinse off salt water?....awesome idea.
Unless you leave em in the back of a killer pick up at the Greenbelt DC park and ride....:D

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Arranged on a crate to rinse off salt water?....awesome idea.
Unless you leave em in the back of a killer pick up at the Greenbelt DC park and ride....:D
I've driven it there once since that happened with nothing in her. I don't trust it there any longer. I'll snap a pic of the crate later.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Electrical wiring Wire Electronics Electrical supply Technology

And then in the middle I put my bucktails in a container and swimshads and sort rubber throughout. All my metal hangs out the outside on one side.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Sweet! Looks like you got your collection built back up since "the event in DC" too.

Where can I get a crate like that? Looks perfect.

P.S. Wish there was a rotate option on this site.
yea i posted that from my phone, no idea why they never come out straight. I got the crate at Staples for like $7. make sure u put holes in the bottom in each of the sections so water can drain out.
Yea it's building back up. I have a few more now. Going to take downspout tubing and slice it up to fit within there standing up and cover half the inside with it so i can fit more and sort and organize them better.

·
Registered
978 Posts
yea i posted that from my phone, no idea why they never come out straight. I got the crate at Staples for like $7. make sure u put holes in the bottom in each of the sections so water can drain out.
Yea it's building back up. I have a few more now. Going to take downspout tubing and slice it up to fit within there standing up and cover half the inside with it so i can fit more and sort and organize them better.
Awesome! I'll be heading over to Staples after work.

P.S. Your not really hanging it up for the season are ya?? :eek:

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Awesome! I'll be heading over to Staples after work.

P.S. Your not really hanging it up for the season are ya?? :eek:
Considering it. I was gonna run up to NJ and fish this NE to E blow tonight into tomorrow but I think i may take the weekend off. I may do a run to DE to see if I can find that needle in a hay stack sometime but more than likely I'm hanging it up. Just splurged on a VS after destroying a SSV in the surf in NJ one weekend this fall and causing me hours of downtime. Gotta pair it with a nice 10ft stick like a Century or ODM and be set.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts