Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the pier from 4-6:15. Started out slow, caught 1 small puffer on squid. Started jigging a chartruese gotcha and hooked up with 3 nice size shad. Then the bluefish decided to join in. Caught 6 in the 2-3 pound range. On the heaver I caught 1 skate on cut mullet. Another guy was using live gudgeons and had a run, but missed it. One more day of leave, gonna hit it again tomorrow in the AM if anyone wants to join me.

·
Registered
256 Posts
i think the lip is open til 11, but maybe only 10. the last two evenings the sunset has been a decent feeding trigger, with the majority of my strikes coming just before it dropped below the horizon. shoeless, i was out there at the end of your stay, thinking to myself that your feet had to be cold in those slaps. its been windy and kool the last two evenings on the pier. i decked two more blues after you left on the stingsilver.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Little Island Pier. My feet weren't cold, it was the rest of me. Temp dropped quite a bit in the 2 hours I was there. Good job on the blues. I'm gonna bring some metal with me tomorrow.

·
Registered
256 Posts
be advised - local slang slingers refer to little island pier in sandbridge as "the lip" sometimes. but keep it quiet, because if everyone finds out, then we'll need some new lingo to keep the fish to ourselves. right now i can't think of any new jargon. i'll just have to start a rumor that the admission cost went up, when the prized game fish show up. but for now there are fish for everyone, if you like blues and puffers. come and get'em, but save me some.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts