Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Planning on heading down this Friday (10/9) evening to fish FF overnight and most of Sat. Right now, the 4WD access is closed. Any locals have opinions on it opening back up by Friday? How bad has Freeman park been overnight lately?

·
Registered
769 Posts
Glad I saw your post. bstarling and I were headed down in early am. Just called FF rec area (458-5798) and indeed the access is closed. Rangers are looking at beach now and perhaps open sometime tomorrow. You can give them a call or view their web page and check. I might go Friday - Grey GMC crew cab "pier and surf sticker on tool box. Stop by. Good luck. - glenn

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glenn, if it opens we'll be in a white F250 w/shell.

http://www.carolinabeach.org/visitors/freeman_park/index.php

FREEMAN PARK WILL CLOSE AT 7:00 PM,
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2015 DUE TO THE EXPECTATION OF HEAVY RAINFALL AND WINDS, HIGH SURF,
AND POSSIBLE FLOODING.
The area will re-open when conditions have
been assessed as safe for use.
Thanks for the info. I guess that takes the debate out of it. If the Fort doesn't open, we'll have to wait til November.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Piddlin. I just called FF Rec Area (noon - Thursday 8th) and beach access is open to driving. I plan on being there early am tomorrow. best - glenn

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Piddlin. I just called FF Rec Area (noon - Thursday 8th) and beach access is open to driving. I plan on being there early am tomorrow. best - glenn
Yep, I was checking the website every couple hours and saw it was open about 9 this morning. We'll be there ~ 7pm tomorrow. It'll be high tide, so I'll stop at one of my holes and hope it's still there. See you there.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Piddlin. We are going early and be gone when you get there. Calling for offshore breeze. We will fish drum rods, but will concentrate on little "eatin" fish. Bring bug spray! Good luck - glenn

1 - 9 of 9 Posts