Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the Choptank this mourning from 8am-12:30pm and me and my buddy Willie caught 9 Croakers ranging from 10"-18" on bloods and shrimp.Tried livelining a live White Perch for Stripers,but no luck with that.Did good for fishing a short period of time:cool:

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Pappy..Glad you guys got into some. Looking at my tide chart for the Tank looks like 6:00AM until around 10:30AM should have been the best fishing. Approx. what time was the best bite. I keep a log book of the Tank and any info I get goes into it. Any info would be appreciated. You guys going to make it next Saturday? Thanks for the report.

Catman.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Isaw the "Tank" for the first time yesterday. My goodness that thing is huge! Now I believe that I was able to figure out that the best fishing is where the new bridge begins to rise right? The crowd at that spot might have been the tip off. Am I right?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Big Rad...The closer you get to the middle the better the fishing. Where you see the crowd is about as far as most want to walk and is not necessarily the best fishing. If you're fishing the Talbot (west) side, 3 poles from the end put in deeper water and increase you're chances of catching rock. On the Cambridge (east) side I like to fish about 3/4th down the pier. This side is much shorter and gaining popularity.

Catman.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
That's one of the many good spots on that pier,you have alot of channels in different places along both sides starting around light pole #38 and going up to the end(Talbot side) on the Cambridge side go about half way up and there's another,that's where I'll be Sat.21st early.8(---) TRIGGER

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Looks like Trigger just set the meeting place for next Saturday. I'm looking forward to it.:)

Catman.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Fished Choptank Saturday morning, rode my bike to the end of pier after someone else recommended we move further down. First time ever going that far, the way those guys were packed in that corner its hard to believe they didn't get more tangles than they did croakers. All in all it wasnt a bad day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts