Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By now, most of you know that PLO is closed due to flood damage and a loss of power. We have moved the 2003 Fishing Challenge from Point Lookout State Park to beaches in St. Mary's County, Maryland. The new date is October 4th. People that plan to stay overnight should make reservations in Lexington Park, Maryland.

We have secured nearly 2000 feet of waterfront on the Chesapeake Bay in St. Mary's County.

According to the latest fishing reports the inceased saltwater from Isabel appears to have improved fishing along the bay. We have not had any cancellations so it is still going strong. In fact, some people registered the day after Isabel. That was a big surprise.

We hope that you are well and that you will attend.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Date conflict,

The P&S IRI clean up that has been planned since Aug. 8th is Oct. 5th at 7am, most people will leave for the event on the 4th. I would think that the Oct. 4th date would be a conflict for some P&Sers who might want to fish the Shore Fishing Challenge too.

When the PLO event was set for Sept. 20th we were asked at the Choptank clean up not to plan any events for that weekend as it would conflict with the 2003 Fishing Challenge. I would ask that you grant the IRI clean up the same courtesy as it forces the P&S members to make a choice of one or the other. Thanks James, Hat80

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Sorry, I'm with Hat, I have committed the weekend of October 4 and 5 to Happy and IRI, so I guess I'm out of the challenge. Talk the talk, must walk the walk. Oh yeah, also good people and good food. Sometimes catching fish is just a bonus. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts