·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
me and you both brother

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Ditto on the fishing is slow I just got in from another slow day no stripers and the blues are just big enough not to be called snappers, but still it's better then work :)

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Another point about fishing being slow last night I surfed alot of the fishing reports for this year and compared them to last year and for the most part it is a slow year so far, altought is seem that the fish that are being caught are larger then last year Like in Montauk it seems every week someone is catching a 50 lber

·
Registered
28 Posts
It's not just the fishing board(s) that's slow. I frequent a couple or three special interest boards and they are way off on post count too.

Fishing boards are getting hit from two angles. More time outdoors means less computer time for most of us and the dreaded summer doldrums for fishermen.

Oh well, not that much longer till the fall fishing season. The sooner the better. :)

Frog

·
Registered
291 Posts
i will admit it has been slow on SOME species but i have given the blues a pretty bad beatdown this year.The only thing thats giving me trouble is waiting for striper season. How in the world am i gonna make it 3 more months?!

·
Registered
291 Posts
:jawdrop: NOW thats a real site. hahaha, i remember it from last year. I had it up the day before the season opened. There is one problem though. Because of wrestle i doubt my coach will let me come down that much.

·
Administrator
5,774 Posts
Summer doldrums. The fishing always stinks this time of year.

The pups will start showing up in force in Va. in August, followed by all heck breaking lose up and down the Atlantic coast in September. I can hardly wait for that first NE blow in Sept...

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
The one good thing about fishing being slow is you get a change to locate and try new fishing spots and techniques at least I do.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
all the rain got thing outta kilter

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
about the rain

I have had my best fishing successes right after stormy weather. Within an hour or so is usually when I head to the water. As long as the lightning is in the far distance, I brave it. And it has paid off. And usually at night time as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts