Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted too give my fellow anglers a quick update on fishing at the Tank.
Beautiful evening, light winds, outgoing tide and most of the lights on the bridge (both sides) were functioning. Five other folks out on the talbot side , two were soaking bait and myself and three others were casting shads under the lights. Talked too the folks soaking bait and they had nothing and saw 5- rock taken from the beneath the last light (all were undersized) and I managed two catch two one about 10" and the other 16".

·
Registered
3,821 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Bummer. I hate to give up on that pier but I can't recall hearing any decent reports from there for years now. I was there four times myself this year and it really stunk. Several postings this Summer told me that I just needed to wait until the Fall "run," but I haven't heard any indication that that actually happened this year. Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Tank is All Right !

I am tired of hearing how bad the fishing is at the Tank this fall ... all I can say is if you ask me it has been great. :D

Here are some pics of some of the keeper rock I have caught ... my fishing partner has caught just as many. They all are fat, healthy and the ones we have put in the cooler range from 18.5" to as high as 28". Check these out:

http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/ff226/ABluesman_photos/

If you are fishin with bait, that may explain the skunks ... our lures have been busier than ever --- bait soakers are going home empty most of the time.

By the way, my car was broken into (busted out the window)this past weekend there and stuff was stolen ... another fisherman had the same thing happen two weeks ago. Beware of parking in the Talbot side lot because these jackals are looking for a bed in jail soon.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Guilty as charged. I am a bait soaker. I have never used lures for pier fishing. Any advice on how to get started, such as what lures to buy?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts