Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to say thanks for so much info on the board and the videos that help me improve from my 270ft to 375ft in one afternoon!

Just one question
Now it is time for a better rod that loads.
I cast the cheap daiwa beefstick it does not load well.
do you think a better rod will load better carry momentum through the cast for greater distance.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
absolutely, the rod makes up about all the difference, you can hit 700ft. with your regular fishing reel, if it is on a good rod. (and you are a good caster). I am in the process of saving a few mortgage payments to buy a Zippy.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
A good rod will help... but time will always be you're best investment. Get a decent rod (hdx,etc) and then work on your form...

If I zziplexx is what you want I would suggest going to a casting event and see whay the guys are offering. Last year a saw some nice rods sell for even nicer prices

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Yup, Tommy from CCP is the man as far as tossen distance and he can show ya the light and some really good rods.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Want to thank you guys for the advice for the rod using a old daiwa beefstick 11ft with 3% weight. want the rod to be a fishing rod and casting rod will call Tommy a ccp for recommendation for a rod Been practicing form and with a camera and playing it back side by side to some vids on the post see some areas where i need to stop breaking form.
See if i can catch some of the guys that go to se park and watch and learn.
after two practices now hitting 395ft 405 ft pretty consistently. checked with range finder

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tommy been watching your vids great help thanks,so much.
Watch my vids saw where my form needs a lot of refining but will get there.
Question looking for rod for fishing that handle's big fish and cast well was looking at your site the breakaway LDX or AFAW 12ft Universal rod would this be a match for my abu Garcia 807I.
Yes they are a little above what i want to spend but it for fishing lol.
Do the make them for spinner i know they a make for my bait caster.

·
DISTANCE CASTING SPONSOR
3,349 Posts
The LDX is a great 3-5 oz long range fishing rod. The Universal is one of my favorites, but I'm out of stock at this time.

I'm not up to speed on many spinners, including the 807I. If it will hold a decent amount of 15 lb test, it should work.

Tommy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.