Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
I believe the rods you're referring to are the Sealine Z models where the line runs through the rod, not through guides. I have a couple Sealine X's and really like 'em. Great bang for the buck.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I used to have the 11 footer. They cast great, but a pain if for some reason your line breaks and the line comes back through the rod and you have to feed it through.
4 ounces plus bait was the sweet spot on it. I think for the money there are better rods out there. Like I said I "used to have" one.:D

AllenC

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the responses. It looks like a good idea but hasnt really caught on--maybe from the expense.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi Flistell
I had the 11 footer also, it was a nice rod but as posted earlier there are better rods for the money.
1. threading the line with the included lead threader was a pain especially if you have a break and want to get back into the fray quick
2.not sure of the inner rifling of the rod and how durable it was.
3.sea-weed is a pain if it gets inside and dries sand etc.,,
4.great idea but why?
5. cast was smooth and load and unload was great 4 ounce was the sweet spot
5. casted with a breakaway long distance fish finder rig with impact sinker
6. distance was great for the minimal load-up
7. rod broke with a 45lb+- ray.
8. save yor money if you are using weight and bait , If for lure use it is a very nice rod
Hope this helps you out.

·
Registered
102 Posts
They don't make a lot of sense to me- we all talk about line friction thru the guides, but thru the whole rod? Just my .02

1 - 8 of 8 Posts