I used to have the 11 footer. They cast great, but a pain if for some reason your line breaks and the line comes back through the rod and you have to feed it through.
4 ounces plus bait was the sweet spot on it. I think for the money there are better rods out there. Like I said I "used to have" one.
I had the 11 footer also, it was a nice rod but as posted earlier there are better rods for the money.
1. threading the line with the included lead threader was a pain especially if you have a break and want to get back into the fray quick
2.not sure of the inner rifling of the rod and how durable it was.
3.sea-weed is a pain if it gets inside and dries sand etc.,,
4.great idea but why?
5. cast was smooth and load and unload was great 4 ounce was the sweet spot
5. casted with a breakaway long distance fish finder rig with impact sinker
6. distance was great for the minimal load-up
7. rod broke with a 45lb+- ray.
8. save yor money if you are using weight and bait , If for lure use it is a very nice rod
Hope this helps you out.
A forum community dedicated to fishing and boat owners and enthusiasts along the East Coast and Gulf area. Come join the discussion about piers, safety, gear, tackle, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!