Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished briefly this afternoon from 7:00 to 8:30. First cast was an undersized pup at about 14". Then a few small croaker. Then a couple small spot. Then a couple decent sized perch. Then an 18" pup. After that the bite stopped along with the tide.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Boo,

Was fishing the right side of the campus. Seen at least one puppy caught each time I've been out there this year. They are not particularly big but they are there. Thinking about going out there with some mullet even though I've caught them on shrimp.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Phil

I got a buddy that test drives for Volvo Penta located in the Chuckatuck creek who is catchin the pups on the ebb tide just off shore near you using schrimp on the points near the reed/grassbeds so don't leave home w/o it. lol Schrimp- mastercard whats the difference? He hasn't got anything of size either though, kinda like you stated earlier. But they're available. Wouldn't be a bad area to yak for some consistent action as well. :fishing:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.