Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,064 Posts
You'll probably do well with catfish and oyster crackers (toad fish). Water will be too muddy for anything else. You might want to use chicken liver for bait.

Catman.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Greetings fisherman8876!

With all that freshwater influx, the cats will be really turned on. You might want to get a pint of crab aprons at Kools....

·
Registered
490 Posts
Hay Jake I think it is saltwater influx,Ocean water was pushed up the bay. there was not that much rain.:p

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Greetings oldsalt!

That would be good news (if there is such a thing with a storm like this!) I thought a storm surge "trapped" the brackish water and pushed it up the bay (salt water being more dense.) Glad to hear that there wasn't an abundance of rain... Salinity levels were still low from the summer's precipitation. Weakies were just starting to be reported at the mouth of the 'tank (per MD DNR page.) The report for the bridge/pier itself was "poor." The larger blues and some trout were hanging out for the most part in the lower bay. Hopefully the keeper rock will still be calling the 'tank "home" for the next couple of months....

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
was a pretty good trip. caught a few 3-4 lb cats. about 25 blues 10-15 ins. 2 sea trout 15-17 and perch. no spot though. caught all on peeler crab and cut bait.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Greetings fisherman8876!

Sounds like a great outing indeed! Between your report and bobang's report, it looks like the hurricane might have actually moved fish into the 'tank. Great news for those of us who will be down there next Saturday. Makes me wish I lived a heck of a lot closer to the bridge/pier. Maybe someday....

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
Yeah waiting on surfman's report and if his comes back similar we should be having a good time at the cleanup. I can't believe it took a hurricane to bring them trout back in.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Greetings HaPPyPapPy832443!

(Man, that's a mouthful!) I think crab aprons can catch just about anything. I like them as a "come back" bait -- I combine them with a softer bait, and if the fish gets that bait on the first hit, I hope they "come back" and try for the apron. R-E-A-L hard to tear an apron off the hook....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts