Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a recent topic Severn River Bridge Thoroughbred ask the question "OK so when is the Tank P&S get together :) ." So what do you guys and gals think about it?. I think it's an excellent idea. "Now" is probably too soon but at least we can be thinking about it. The fall would be perfect with the big stripers coming through. We could even have a cook-out right on the pier/bridge. I'm all for it. Glad you brought up the question Thoroughbred.

Catman.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I'm in. Cookout too? :) Maybe if someone brought a smoker we could have some smoked blues while we fish. :)

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
salads cook up real good ill bring th lighter :cool:

·
Registered
79 Posts
It just seems natural. Actually I have never fished the place :) I always drive by going to Delaware but the way everyone talks about it that's the place to fish from structure in a civilized way.

Maybe we can just have a basic fish together first then plan a bigger get together for the fall.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Yea catman(aka-slipsinker) get it together start planning I ain't got all summer,that sub I have for you is waiting to get eaten. :p :p

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
I am down for both options just need to set it up and get weather cooperating with us. And to continue oldsalts joke, I have extra poles if people need them ;)

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Yup sure is one near both ends of the pier. Now lets just hope that they empty them before we get the party started ;)

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Oh yeah especially for the woman. Bring your own TP last time we were there it looked like some idiot missed and took a leak on the tp roll in there so just some friendly advice :)

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK guys and gals let's set a date for a Tank get together. How does Saturday, June 21st sound to everybody. Here's the tides for that day.

Low 4:42 AM
High 10:23 AM
Low 5:15 PM
High 11:15 PM

This would put the optimal time to be fishing from noon to 4:00 PM. It just seems that the out going tide is the best at the Tank. We can do a pot luck cold lunch instead of lugging a grill and charcoal down the pier. I'm going to be busy helping HaPPyPapPy carry tons of beer.

We can carry over Sandcrabs fishing contest from the rained out SPSP clean up project where everyone pitches in a lure and the biggest fish takes home the loot.

How's that Trigger, you said you didn't have all summer to wait. Besides, I don't want you to eat my sub. FL FISHERMAN will bring a couple dozen rods just in case. To make it fair Jason will have designate which 3 rods he'll be fishing for the contest.

So, what say yee all?

Catman.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Yeah I am in! I have my son for fathers day weekend and will be free that weekend. Sounds good might even bring my gf with me. But with pimps like Husky, Sandcrab and Sand Flea better not ;) Get em together and I will be there. Now lets talk about the food, Husky you want to start that off again?

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Sorry guys :( I'll be moving stuff into my new house that weekend. However, I'll be out this Friday night at either Matapeake or the Tank doing some night fishing if anyone wants to join me.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Here's my effort--everyone bring whatever the heck you feel like!
Sorry, really busy at work this month.
I will try and go though. Maybe bring my wife and kids along. They can go check out that huge hotel while I fish.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I will try to be there. Are we going to be fishing the cambridge side or the talbot side and what number pole will we be meeting at?
-Anthony

·
Registered
146 Posts
Sounds good, count me in. beer sounds good. lets get this stuff together. I wanna fish and eat and drink.
Or is that fish and drink and eat?????

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sounds great! I will be getting back from my OBX trip that day, but will be there if I can. Any day after that, I'm a definite. :cool:

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My vote would be for the Cambridge side, 3/4 the way down on the right side. That would put it half way between the last Spot-A-Pot and the end. The walk is less than 1/2 the distance of the Talbot side and just as productive. I also like the parking better on the Cambridge side. I'm planning on getting there around 9:00 AM. For those that don't want the bother of packing a lunch there's a Burger King across the street (RT. 50) from the parking lot.

Catman.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts