Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys and gals, time to get something organized on who is bring what to the cook out. Shaggy and Hookem should have us covered with the grills, now for the food.

I'm bring hamburgers, rolls, cheese, mustard, catsup, and onions. What everybody else bringing?

Suggested List:

- Hot dogs and rolls
- Tomatoes
- Potato salad
- Cole slaw
- Bakes beans
- Pasta salad
- Relish
- Chips
- Pretzels
- Paper plates
- Plastic utensils
- Grilling tools
- Charcoal
- Paper towels
- Anything else you folks can thing of.

I have an extra pier (food service) cart that I'll bring to help cart the goodies.

Hat80 has volunteered to be the official photographer. I'm also bring my digital camera.

OK, let's get the menu together. I think everyone should bring their own drinks.

Catman.:)

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I'll bring,

Potato salad, paper plates, plastic utensils, paper towels, trash bags and latex gloves. I'm a rain or shine type of guy. Whats the deal if the weathers bad?

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jake... Good point.

Hat80...Rain would probably cancel the cook out and I won't go out on the pier if there's lightning. I guess FL FISHERMAN and Shaggy will have to make a command decision on Friday if severe weather is forecasted.

Catman.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I agree catman,

if there's lightning around it's a no go. It's no fun to be standing on a mile long bridge in the middle of a body of water holding a 12' stick made of graphite.

With that said in most cases, I refuse to tip toe threw life just to arive safely at the door of death....Tightlines

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: I agree catman,

Hat80 said:
I refuse to tip toe threw life just to arive safely at the door of death....Tightlines
Great quote, I'll have to remember this one.

Catman.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I'll Bring

Charcoal,Lighter fluid and Ice. Sam's club is a block from my house so it wont be a problem. I look forward to meeting all of you that i havent met yet. This is going to be a great experience for me. Hey Hat, are we going to do the convoy to the tank??? If so we should meet in the Sams club parking lot. Its right up the street from the Redskins Stadium for those that dont know where it is........Tight Lines

MC

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Graphite rods and lighting?

No fishing for me during the lighting either! ;)

I can bring hot dogs and rolls.

I will also be bringing my Surf Mater Senior cart. This will also help with lugging trash to the dumpsters. ;)

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Come on people think positive on the weather,their talking about scattered showers on Sat. afternoon, maybe they won't hit us,pray to the weather Gods that it won't strom. I'll be there for sure(did what ever momma wanted to do this weekend) just have to remind her that it's this Sat. as I said earlyer that I owe catman a goooooood cold cut does anyone else want one,no problem picking them up($3.75 ea.)I know I'm bringing two for myself,how about you all,what ever.:cool: :cool:

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Hey trigger I think I might take one of those. But you have to understand I am a finicky eater. I don't like onions or tomatoes or any of that nonsene(to me anyway;) ) A good ole turkey sandwhich with some mayo sounds good to me!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
You don't know what your missin, I make sure no toms or onions but everything else,after catman has his first one he's going to be begging me for another and do you want to see a grown man beg!!!!:D

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
MMMMMMMM cuban sandwhiches sound real good right now. Maybe because it is close to lunch time!:D

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
No it's not a cuban,it's an Italian cold cut the best I'v ever had in the GREAT STATE OF MARYLAND. When you try this you'll want more. If you need the directions on how to get there it will cost you( a couple of Rockfish each) ha ha. So how many of you(Tank clean-up only) would like me to pick up,I'll pick them up early Sat. afternoon.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
I will take one with lettuce and mayo my friend:D Don't know about giving up any rockfish though;)

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Hey TRIGGERFISH,

put me down for two of those subs with everything. As I will stay threw Sta. night and part of Sunday I'll need the extra chow....Thanks!:D

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
FLF- what you can't handle one with everything,what are you watching your weight or you can't hang with the Big Boys or are we picky what we eat?:barf:

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
Very picky I am, definitely can't hang with the big boys, and nope not watching my weight. If I was I might disinagrate.:D

1 - 20 of 43 Posts