Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got up this morning and was at the store getting bait and ran into my pops who didnt have to work today. So after a minute i talked him into going fishing with me down at the ov pier. Got there and broke out the clam bait and wouldnt you know after a couple minutes he pulls in a tagged sea bass....

We wrote down the phone number and tag id number and let it go. This was the first tagged fish i have seen.

Other than that the croakers and spot are getting fat and numerous. I also managed to land a nice fat 15 inch roundhead that went into the cooler. One keeper flounder landed when i was there but get this it was from a guy fishing on the beach beside the pier.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey sarge. Did you leave them bite'n? My pops & I have been fishing alot lately in the albemarle & I think my wife is starting to feel left out.Would like to take her to OVP to catch some of those spot & croakers. What was the bait of choice? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah we got the length and girth of it. The tag was bit hard to read at first due to a bunch of algae stuff all over it. Sorry dixie i cant remember what the number was something like tb208....My dad has all the info on it. That was his first time on a pier, rather than a boat in about 15 years. He called it "perch jerkin".:confused:

The blues and bass were biting clam and croakers on shrimp. For spot you cant beat bloodworms.

·
Registered
323 Posts
When you call that tag return in please tell them that the fish was tagged incorrectly so they can inform the tagger that he needs to start tagging them in the correct area. The t-bar anchor of that tag is only being held to the fish by its' skin. It should be tagged higher on the body so the t-bar is anchored between two dorsal fin bones.

·
Banned
2,302 Posts
When you call that tag return in please tell them that the fish was tagged incorrectly so they can inform the tagger that he needs to start tagging them in the correct area. The t-bar anchor of that tag is only being held to the fish by its' skin. It should be tagged higher on the body so the t-bar is anchored between two dorsal fin bones.
Didn't even notice that till you pointed it out Rob! Not mine! ;)

Finally got some recaptures back this week on some flounder!

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Will do, tho im not sure if my dad reported it yet. Neither of us have ever seen a tagged fish so i had no idea.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts