Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking for a tackle box specifically designed for bait fishing - no lures. It needs to hold sinkers, leader material and all sorts of terminal tackle. All of the boxes I have seen have compartments for plugs, tins, etc. but isn’t really designed for bait fishing
any suggestion?

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
For home, truck, boat, or surf fishing? I have a bunch of Plano 4700 boxes, they're two tier and in the bottom they have a decent area for small ziplocks with rigs. I load my terminal tackle on top and lead and rigs in the bottom. Stick whichever ones I need in a tackle bag and go fishing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For home, truck, boat, or surf fishing? I have a bunch of Plano 4700 boxes, they're two tier and in the bottom they have a decent area for small ziplocks with rigs. I load my terminal tackle on top and lead and rigs in the bottom. Stick whichever ones I need in a tackle bag and go fishing.
I fish mainly in the surf or from a pier.

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Drywall or pool chemical bucket with a threaded top. It is waterproof which comes in handy unless you like rusty tackle. Doubles as a seat. Put your spare clothes in it. I get mine from the Red Head 7 gallon size use about three for fishing and cast nets. Tackle goes in zip lock bags. Back in the day when I was in construction I used the regular Drywall buckets. Switched to the threaded tops as they work easily and stay put. Have plano clear plastic boxes of different sizes set up for different types of fishing and they go in the bucket. Have bucktails I tied thirty years ago still sharp hooks and dry as a bone.

I have what was a very expensive tackle box, that sits in the garage, Nice drawers a lot of space, not waterproof. It is thirty years old and good for show I guess.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I use a bucket also. I use a 2.5 gallon bucket with snap on lid. Watertight and sand proof as long as it stays in my cart. I use a 5 gallon bucket with screw in lid to keep all my gear and use the smaller one on the beach or on the pier

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Back pack with a couple boxes in it , rigs in zip lock bags and a 5 gal pool chem bucket serves me well....

·
Registered
424 Posts
Like Garbo, I have very nice tackle boxes gathering dust on a shelf in my shop. I use Plano boxes carried in a soft sided pack, Zip lock baggies, and a bucket. I do keep my sinkers separated by weight in a custom wooden box in the back of the truck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts