Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Emanuel,

So you advise to try the creeks. I have heard of Kyle but never fished it. Need directions. Kinda wanting to target red drum.....Are they still"in the grass"? Heard they are getting them in the sound.
Really itch'ing for my first keeper!

Whats your weekend looking like at work? Got a day off? Need a ride?

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
I'm off Sunday, and I get off Saturday at 5. So if you'd like to go fishing, I'll need a ride. Kyle was a tropical storm last year, and yes I fished during it.:D

I'll show you some good spots to catch some reds, but the only condition is that we play catch and release with all of them. That's one thing I'm wierd about, I will not kill a single one of them. Don't worry, we'll find plenty of fattie flatties.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HA HA ......I'm a idiot.T.S kyle is a tropical storm not a pier. Well, I have heard of a fishing pier thats inland a ways....on skidaway or whitemarsh or something. Do you know where I'm talking about? Or have I just lost it.

Yea, catch and release for redfish is cool by me.......just want to get one thats bigger that 10"(my personal best).

On sat we are going to this Big Band thingy on the pier. But sun looks good. You don't mind being picked-up a half hour before sunrise? I like to be at the spot at sunrise and catching 5 min after that. I'll make plans to come by your store sat afternoon and we can make definant plans. Does the "honey hole" still have plenty of shrimp/mullet in it. Have you heard about anything being cought at the pier?

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
I heard about a monster red being caught down at the pier recently, and I'm sure there's plenty more out there just waiting to be caught. I'm getting a "new" trout reel before Saturday and I'll try to have all the gear ready to go. Give me a hollar Saturday and we'll go get some mullet and such. If the surf isn't too nasty, we'll try to tangle with some of the big boys.:D

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds GOOOOOD. Hope the bite will be good...this will probablly be my last saltwater trip this year! See ya in a couple of days.Glenn.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts