Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
check out red drum tackle here's the report for today...wooohooo:fishing::

There has never been a bite of big swordfish like it was today on Cape Point. Everybody was casting 2# whole squid with night sticks attached and almost every cast was a bite. The mako's were just a pain in the ass because you just could not hardly catch a sword because of the pest. Best results were done by Wheat who had spooled a big old Daiwa with 150# braid and was really holding on to a nice one.

While Dan was off island and the rest of us doing something else the report is that at dark thirty the bite was intensifying. Every single cast was a 200 to 500 pound sword. I only stock three flying gaffs and they are gone. I just can't believe it....

Bye and out to the point we all go,

Bob Eakes

·
Registered
705 Posts
What? No swordfish?! :mad: I had the truck packed and gettin ready to head for the Point. Oh, well I'll have to try for those tuna in the pond behind my house. :p

·
Banned
1,772 Posts
guys - the pic was photshopped! that's the same pic poster had holding a citation drum last sept when we fished with him -- it was all in fun -- comic relief to make ppl laugh when they have this injunction thing hanging over em -- if you read the commentary on the pic, he said he was headed home thru the 'ocracoke tunnel'-LOL:D
the whole thing was tongue in cheek

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Dude, you owe me a keyboard.

I just spit my beer all over it laughing after reading that.

"I believe its true"

LMAO, thats classic....
That'll make two keyboards, please! :p:D

Is it April first already? Where does the time go?
Good question! :eek: It's a sure of sign of getting old when you lose time though...

·
Registered
5 Posts
An incorrect fishin' report on the Scarlet Carp Board, who'd thunk it.
charlie
Do they often exaggerate in their fishing reports? Obviously it is in their best interest to do so. I am not suggesting they do but I was in Hatteras last October and some of their daily fishing reports told a different story than what I saw myself.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I knew my horses were acting up the other day when I was out there, rearing and carrying on when I was trying to get them in the water... They knew they were going to get poked by swordfish. I call it swordfishitis now, next thing you know the giant squid will be biting hopkins again...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts